Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Café apologises after Ramadan joke.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sorry if fixtures.

AN “ILL-THOUGHT-OUT” joke sparked outcry on social media.
Nordic Coffee Collective posted a picture of its sandwich board featuring a pun on the word “Ramadan”.
The Brighton cafe landed in hot water with some social media users who branded the joke “insensitive”, “offensive”, in “bad taste”, “bigoted” and “not cool”.
The inflammatory pun read: “Two Muslims have crashed into the Thames Barrier in London. Police think it might be the start of Ram-a-dam.”
The coffee shop, which is known for posting jokes and off-beat humour on its sandwich boards, promptly removed the message and posted an apology.

Attachments

• joke.jpg
    joke.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,387

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's a reasonable enough pun/joke but something that you tell to a mate not write on a board where people can get offended.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What does it feel like to be offended by something? I'm not sure I've ever experienced it before.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
After reading your comments on other threads of this nature, I'm not even going to bother getting drawn into this kind of conversation.

But yeah, look it up on Twitter. Supposedly this is offensive because it portrays all Muslims as: "stupid/barbaric/inhuman".

Look what up on twitter?....
Seems as though the only muslim in the story, had to be told about this 'offending' sign....and he didnt seem particularly 'offended'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here