Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Religion is the cause of all problems...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The only good thing to come out of religion is the architecture, some of the buildings built in the name of "GOD" are incredible! But we live in an age where we know the rest of it is total bollocks, I can't understand how billions of people around the world waste their lives believing in something that doesn't exist.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All that terrible stuff Russia are doing in the name of... oh. Oh right.

Well, forget that, what about those ruddy North Koreans doing all those stupid things all because of that book...oh...oh right.

As you were.

Hate all that bloody CHARITY work the church does as well, utter disgrace.

The only good thing to come out of religion is the architecture, some of the buildings built in the name of "GOD" are incredible! But we live in an age where we know the rest of it is total bollocks, I can't understand how billions of people around the world waste their lives believing in something that doesn't exist.

Because you don't understand it, that doesn't make you right.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Here we go.....

P.S God doesn't exist.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Is it religion? Or mans interpretation and manipulation of it?

Mankind is the cause of all problems. Mankind is the solution to all problems.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Religion is just a means many humans utilise as an excuse to espouse their ingrained hatred and to enact violent actions upon one another. Stalin and Mao killed tens of millions of people combined but it had nothing to do with religious motivations, in the case of Hitler he murdered millions of a particular religious group but religion is not to be blamed (religion can only be integrated if you suggested it resulted from the legacy of German catholicism and the traditional hatred of Jews but i dont think there is much justification for that view). Look at Rwanda, nothing to do with religion. The majority of the most prominent examples of human cruelty have no religious root cause.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
What a load of rubbish. Problems are caused by greed, bigotry and the desire to control others. Relgion is just a useful cloak to hide behind.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What a load of rubbish. Problems are caused by greed, bigotry and the desire to control others. Relgion is just a useful cloak to hide behind.

Yeah which is why it should be banned!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think Dogmatic belief in anything is the cause of all problems.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Closed-mindedness is one of the most dangerous things in the world. Christians, Muslims, Atheists etc can all be guilty of this.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

how do you know for certain he doesn't exist by the way?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I certainly don't believe an atheist world would be a better place.

It's just sad that the believers in the Abrahamic religions can't accept that they believe essentially the same thing and agree to disagree on what are really very insignificant differences.

Blimey a half sensible post from mustafa! Are you feeling alright?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I believe in God/Jesus but I don't have any time for organised religion and generally keep my beliefs to myself. A lot of the people involved in those organisations are usually trying to play God themselves or think they can book a place in 'heaven' by just turning up to a building every Sunday morning. It makes me sick when I see the fundamentalist Church leaders in America driving around in brand new Mercedes and making 6 figure salaries through their set-up. I'm fairly sure Jesus would be appalled by this and is basically the opposite of what he was about.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I believe in God/Jesus but I don't have any time for organised religion and generally keep my beliefs to myself. A lot of the people involved in those organisations are usually trying to play God themselves or think they can book a place in 'heaven' by just turning up to a building every Sunday morning. It makes me sick when I see the fundamentalist Church leaders in America driving around in brand new Mercedes and making 6 figure salaries through their set-up. I'm fairly sure Jesus would be appalled by this and is basically the opposite of what he was about.

Do you seriously think Jesus is sitting on his sofa thinking that? He must be bored shitless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here