Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Albion MOJO

How is your Albion mojo TODAY

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How is it today?

Mine is the lowest pre season that it has been since Gillingham but with transfers in over the next few weeks could rise dramatically.

I accept I was spoilt three seasons ago with the excitement surrounding the signing of CMS and then two season ago with PIG and the signings of Orlandi etc. Last close season was a damp squib in comparison but with the fall out from Poyet and the highly rated coach with Barcelona connections arriving it would have been churlish to expect too much. As it was we overachieved imo.

Whilst I totally get FFP and holding out to the last minute to sign players it is all a bit frustrating at the moment. I cannot get excited about this season when the current squad will struggle to stay up imo. All this is likely to change I accept.

So are you champing at the bit for the season to start or are you also a bit Meh at the moment?

I added the "so low option I won't be going" option so Pretty Pink Fairy and Return of the Rev could vote :smile:

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My mojo doesn't usually kick in until around Christmas time. I'm more interested in other things outside the football season anyway.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm less excited than usual but this is my first Amex season without a season ticket so it may be a pyschological trick i'm playing.

I'm looking forward to Sheffield Wednesday though

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I'm fine. No reason to have no mojo, there's plenty of time yet. As much as it'd be good to have the squad already in place, the reality is players and agents (and selling clubs) are going to play the long game to try and eke out extra money. We have to be patient and trust the hierarchy to get it done, which I do. There's plenty to be buzzing for, and AT WORST we'll be mid-table this year. We finished 10th with ankergren, painter, dicker & navarro as key players ffs. Although competition at the top gets tougher every season, there's still a lot of poor teams in this division, and even a season of rebuilding would not be a disaster. I love my club, and after growing up through 20 years of nonsense in the lower leagues I'm in no hurry to get to the top table NOW. Have a beer and a pie and enjoy what we have. We've never had it so good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lowish but I know I'll be there once the squad is complete.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Quite low at the moment.

New players you always have the blind optimism that this just may be your year.

As it stands we know it wont be.

Will be up for it come the 9th whatever

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm feeling both anxious and thrilled. The former is the usual though, so it's the surprise latter that should be noted. Of course I feel that we're a tad unsuperstarred and need some meat in the Hyypia sandwich, but I tend to believe that'll come in the next 10 days when action is just around the corner, and the opening game of the season I am excited by to see what we're like how many knockouts Toko can deliver without reprimand.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Pretty low but it is the same most seasons because of the stupid timing of the transfer window. If it closed on the eve of the season, I might be able to take some interest in August matches but they just feel pointless when half the teams at least will look completely different come September 1st.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Bit concerned that we have winnable games at home to start with but with the squad as it is may end up losing them.
Think Sheff Weds will be a tough nut to crack first game.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Everyone seems to be on a rollercoaster with either extreme highs or lows I'm just shuffering along in the queue and expect to be through the turnstile on 9 August

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Same as its always been i hope we win the league , wont have a hissy if we dont , yep we need a few more players but they will come , was brilliant seeing Crofty come on for a few minutes v Crawley hopefully he can carry on where he left off after his horrible injury , most of the negative shyte is just down to more people being able to view the teams pre season games on youbloodytube which are simply glorified training sessions with little or no guide to how a season will pan out.

Still think we will be there or thereabouts come may , and roll on the 9th .

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
3 months is a long time without football, I don't know how I manage it, even with the world cup it still doesn't fill the void.

I can't wait for the season to start, as always.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been thinking about this myself today: it's pretty low.

I had tickets for Lewes but couldn't go in the end so have yet to see a ball kicked live.

That said, when I got an email this morning about the Southampton game I thought "oooh I might go along." That it wasn't on my radar at all previously is probably another illustration of low-mojo-itis.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The same as every year - excited for us to get underway. I always like this time of year - watching the gossip and rumours and seeing who we are linked with/sign. I'm under no illusion that this year will be as hard or even harder next year but we'll have new players, returning players and a new manager so who knows what'll happen!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
How is it today?

Mine is the lowest pre season that it has been since Gillingham but with transfers in over the next few weeks could rise dramatically.

I accept I was spoilt three seasons ago with the excitement surrounding the signing of CMS and then two season ago with PIG and the signings of Orlandi etc. Last close season was a damp squib in comparison but with the fall out from Poyet and the highly rated coach with Barcelona connections arriving it would have been churlish to expect too much. As it was we overachieved imo.

Whilst I totally get FFP and holding out to the last minute to sign players it is all a bit frustrating at the moment. I cannot get excited about this season when the current squad will struggle to stay up imo. All this is likely to change I accept.

So are you champing at the bit for the season to start or are you also a bit Meh at the moment?

I added the "so low option I won't be going" option so Pretty Pink Fairy and Return of the Rev could vote :smile:

Are you serious? Have you forgotten how awful we were in the few years leading up to Poyet's arrival? We struggled to sign anyone, whereas we are now holding out for the right deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here