Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Technical Help - Bluetooth Driver

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So I just bought a fantastic Minx speaker and it delivers great sound when running from my ipad but when I use the laptop it's garbage and very up and down in terms of quality.

I assume the "connectivity" between devices is poor and wondered if I might be able to upgrade the bluetooth driver in my laptop ... not sure perhaps that's a daft idea but I know for sure that someone here will know.

Any help appreciated

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Have you searched out the speaker settings on your laptop?

I think so? It does work and I can use the volume control on laptop to adjust up and down and it's not the equalizer stuff. It's just that the "reception" seems to come and go. For the most part it's pretty crap (like listening to my Gran's radio) but sometimes it comes across (almost) OK. I even put the laptop next to the speaker wondering if distance were the issue ... it's not.

I concluded I've either got a dodgy driver or I need a higher octane one, neither of which might be right

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It might not be this, but my Bluetooth speaker starts to sounds scratchy at high volumes when it's low on charge, so it could just need charging?

If you have connectivity problems I would expect it to stutter but not lose sound quality.

EDIT: Oh if it works fine with your ipad at the same volume, never mind!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
There are mutiple versions of Bluetooth out there - are you sure all there items are same ver?
Are you sure range is not an issue [you don't mention how close speaker is to either iPod or laptop]
If laptop is very new and using USB 3 this is known to cause interference with Bluetooth system

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Interesting ... do they simply override the internal driver?

It shouldn't be a problem. If you are worried take the laptop into a computer shop and test it as you buy it. I did this with a laptop charger in PC World at Heathrow Airport. I made sure it actually charged, before handing over my money. If anyone is after a multi charger for laptops/phones I can recommend the Innergie Mcube lite.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
abluetooth.jpg

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There are mutiple versions of Bluetooth out there - are you sure all there items are same ver?
Are you sure range is not an issue [you don't mention how close speaker is to either iPod or laptop]
If laptop is very new and using USB 3 this is known to cause interference with Bluetooth system

I wouldn't know where to start looking at bluetooth versions and what was compatible with what.

Range isn't the issue, I mentioned I've been running the laptop right next to the speaker and it makes zero difference.

Laptop has got USB3 ... I don't suppose there's an easy way to temporarily disable it?

It shouldn't be a problem. If you are worried take the laptop into a computer shop and test it as you buy it. I did this with a laptop charger in PC World

I never really thought of PC World as a computer shop :rolleyes: But, I'm not worried about what the USB driver might do just if it is a solution to this problem. In the meantime I might try shifting all my music to phone and trying that as what I've got seems to work fine

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here