Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ladbrokes award Leicester with 'Worst Transfer of the Week'

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is that what passes for journalism these days?

Someone is a shit signing for a Premier League club because they've never played for a Premier League club, blah blah.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This cock is often bullshitter of the week
twitter2_400x400.jpg

Not as bad as smarmy Simon from corals though.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
English football is littered with players who have successfully made the transition up to the top flight. The writer suggests that lack of top flight experience is a key factor but it didn't hold back the likes of Lallana and Lambert and years before, a whole stream of players such as Keegan, Clemence, Rush etc jumped two divisions and more and were successful.
Ulloa has been playing at the top end of the Championship and there is little difference between that and the bottom 6-7 of the PL.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They call Stoke and Swansea unfashionable clubs. I don't see a lot of style at Leicester.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't even have to read it to know the author has no idea there's a football team in Brighton.

Just another 'greatest league in the world', monkey.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I don't even have to read it to know the author has no idea there's a football team in Brighton.

Maybe you should read it, most Brighton fans think that Leicester paid over the odds for Ulloa, it's only right that people ask the question. Have they paid to much for an untested player at that level. We as fans would ask the same question if TB went out tomorrow and paid 3 million on a league 1 player. The article does suggest that he could do well in the PL, only time will tell.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe you should read it, most Brighton fans think that Leicester paid over the odds for Ulloa, it's only right that people ask the question. Have they paid to much for an untested player at that level. We as fans would ask the same question if TB went out tomorrow and paid 3 million on a league 1 player. The article does suggest that he could do well in the PL, only time will tell.
I just had a nose around the Middlesborough fans thread.
It would appear facts aren't really required on NSC, just predetermined soundbites.

Making my original post, perfect :lol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

We went out and paid £2.5m on a lge 1 player.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

The obsession with the PL is killing English football. An elitist attitude has developed in recent years that nothing of value exists outside ' the greatest league in the world ' The rest of the pyramid is looked down on. There are no players of worth, who could play at the highest level. Clubs are hell bent on recruiting one overseas player after another as they perceive top English players to be overvalued and nothing worth recruiting from lower leagues. Its a short term fix that spells long term decline for our national side.
In less than 10 years time we will be picking most of the England side from the Championship. Our International standing will be on a par with N.I / Wales and Scotland. We will be a long way away from the powerhouses of World football. We will be regularly unseeded and saddled with tough draws, should we even qualify for major tournaments.
But what the heck, no one seems that concerned. Scudamore runs football in this country now, not the impotent FA. He ain't gonna want any change to a massive cash cow that makes ordinary players multi millionaires in a short space of time and doesn't demand that they be successful. He may be aware that the England side is going down the pan but he sure as hell ain't going to do anything about it.
Ulloa going to Leicester is one less place for an English player trying to come through.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Must be Mackail Smith.

Difference is CMS had championship experience, Ulloa is not proven in the PL.
As the article says time will tell how he gets on,

Edit: can't work out how to multi quote on tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't argue with much of what he said personally. Will be very surprised if Ulloa does particularly well for Leicester. Mostly because of lack of service though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not going to read the article but I'll assume it does not mention Leo's experience in La Liga and how he earned Almeria a 1-1 draw by scoring against Real Madrid. The transfer may look bad to Ladbrokes but we should have paid around £4m-£5m for Leo, we got him cheap. For our sake, I hope Leo is a huge success, TB has got £2m riding on it!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The obsession with the PL is killing English football. An elitist attitude has developed in recent years that nothing of value exists outside ' the greatest league in the world ' The rest of the pyramid is looked down on. There are no players of worth, who could play at the highest level. Clubs are hell bent on recruiting one overseas player after another as they perceive top English players to be overvalued and nothing worth recruiting from lower leagues. Its a short term fix that spells long term decline for our national side.
In less than 10 years time we will be picking most of the England side from the Championship. Our International standing will be on a par with N.I / Wales and Scotland. We will be a long way away from the powerhouses of World football. We will be regularly unseeded and saddled with tough draws, should we even qualify for major tournaments.
But what the heck, no one seems that concerned. Scudamore runs football in this country now, not the impotent FA. He ain't gonna want any change to a massive cash cow that makes ordinary players multi millionaires in a short space of time and doesn't demand that they be successful. He may be aware that the England side is going down the pan but he sure as hell ain't going to do anything about it.
Ulloa going to Leicester is one less place for an English player trying to come through.

That's rubbish, who did Ulloa play for before moving to Leicester? Did we go out and buy and English Striker, look at our squad last season, was it overflowing with English players? The problem is that it is cheaper to buy players from abroad then it is to buy an English player in this country, add to that the standard of coaching and it's no wonder that clubs look further afield. As you say we got Ulloa on the cheap, would we have got a English striker for the same money? We paid two and a half million for CMS and only two for Ulloa, who was the better value?

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This cock is often bullshitter of the week
twitter2_400x400.jpg

Not as bad as smarmy Simon from corals though.

I do dislike Smarmy Simon but he does a very good job of defending the indefensible with FOBT. You'd think they were doing us a favour by the way he talks (and the way he is allowed to get away with it by whoever he is being interviewed by, especially Talksport) Then again, I suppose if I made £200K for every 4 machines in a shop, I'd brush up on my arguments too.

I do find it odd that we get betting 'tips' and blogs from the very people who are after our money. There is a huge conflict of interest in that (especially from jockeys). Write a load of shit, take money on an improbable outcome and count the winnings seems to be the MO. In answer to [MENTION=14080]The Wizard[/MENTION] point - It's actually in thier interest to write a load of shit. If Laddies thought Ulloa was value for Top PL goalscorer, I doubt you'd get a blog tipping it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here