Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mitchell Beeney

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Doesn't look like it's been mentioned before, so...

Whilst glancing through the Chelsea team in a recent friendly (yeah ok bit bored), saw this surname as a goalkeeper coming on as sub. Sure enough (unsurprisingly), he is the son of our former keeper. Looks like he's doing well - pretty much third choice keeper now and been capped regularly for England up until under 19 level (in fact Walton probably keeping out of the team!!).

For those supporters post 2011 he's an ex keeper of ours whose sale to Leeds United staved off a High Court hearing from HMRC the next day - surely the greatest save in Albion's history?! Unfortunately he had to retire at a relatively young age after tearing his achilles in reserve match. Went on to become (and is still) Chelsea's youth team and/or reserve team keeping coach.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Mitchell's younger brother, Jordan (also a goalkeeper), was with Chelsea U-16s last season. He went on trial to Charlton, and actually played for their U-21s against the Albion at the Amex on March 31 (the match where CMS scored twice, including his last-gasp leveller). Unfortunately, the following weekend Jordan broke his leg playing for the Charlton U-18s.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Mitchell's younger brother, Jordan, was with Chelsea U-16s last season. He went on trial to Charlton, and actually played for their U-21s against the Albion at the Amex on March 31 (the match where CMS scored twice, including his last-gasp leveller). Unfortunately, the following weekend Jordan broke his leg playing for the Charlton U-18s.

Yes, and worth mentioning (if nobody had guessed) - a keeper too!! Bloody hell, quite the goalkeeping family.

Have to say Mark Beeney goes down as one of my favourite ever Albion players - he was absolutely brilliant for a while and nothing seemed to get past him. Went to Leeds (a decent Prem team at the time) and did well for a while.

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Yes, and worth mentioning (if nobody had guessed) - a keeper too!! Bloody hell, quite the goalkeeping family.

Have to say Mark Beeney goes down as one of my favourite ever Albion players - he was absolutely brilliant for a while and nothing seemed to get past him. Went to Leeds (a decent Prem team at the time) and did well for a while.

One of my favourite Albion keepers since I've been supporting the club. He didn't always have too good a time in 1991-1992, though was playing behind a very poor defence, but in 1992-1993 up until he was sold he was superb. A save he made against Portsmouth in the FA Cup was probably the finest I have seen an Albion keeper make, matched only by one from John Keeley at Doncaster when we went up in 1987-1988. I was gutted to see him go, but I suppose his sale prevented the club from going bust.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

Didn't he get dropped by Leeds at some point when they realised if he played x more games they'd have to pay us an additional fee?

Yoda

English & European
Didn't he get dropped by Leeds at some point when they realised if he played x more games they'd have to pay us an additional fee?

He did, and for no real reason either. At the time as I took an interest in Leeds because of Beeno being in the team. I think it was only something like 2 more matches needed, and all of a sudden John Lukic was back in goal.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Millwall away in 92 - was it? It kicks off as John Robinson gets in a fracas with some young Millwall f*ckwit. Beeney runs 40yds and takes the kid down. Wonderful scenes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here