Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Shirt

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Now I don't mean to be a negative Nancy but does anyone else think that the iron patch looks ugly and kind of amateur? I'm glad we have got the support of nike because the errea shirts were always horrible on the neck but they could have put a slight amount of effort in to blending the sponsor instead of just plastic ironing it on I mean if errea can do it then surely nike can. No?

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
I bought a kids one (14 not a midget... that much) and the sponsorship thing is half way through the blue stripes after thinking of sending it back I thought nah I'm keeping it. I'm supporting Brighton if we play in a rag made of shit... but not a red and blue one tho... :shit::sick:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
youmustbenewhere.jpg

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Now I don't mean to be a negative Nancy but does anyone else think that the iron patch looks ugly and kind of amateur? I'm glad we have got the support of nike because the errea shirts were always horrible on the neck but they could have put a slight amount of effort in to blending the sponsor instead of just plastic ironing it on I mean if errea can do it then surely nike can. No?

Tell you what...send an email to Paul Barber and complain and ask whether he is happy with the quality of the shirts. :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why don't you email Barber about it? Be warned though he sent one poster firmly packing with his tail between his legs.

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012

FFS are some people never happy? We have had an Errea sh1t kit followed by another sh1t Errea kit for years and now a Nike version is released people still moan. Last seasons home kit is one of the most horrendous kits I have ever seen. Not only the look of it, the fit was poor too. The new kit fits nicely, it's a nice material and it's a nice looking kit - who gives a sh1t if the sponsor badge is ironed on?

What shall we moan about next? Only 3 pieces of chicken in the pies or the seats could do with being a centimetre wider?

Just remember where we have come from to gain some perspective people!

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
FFS are some people never happy? We have had an Errea sh1t kit followed by another sh1t Errea kit for years and now a Nike version is released people still moan. Last seasons home kit is one of the most horrendous kits I have ever seen. Not only the look of it, the fit was poor too. The new kit fits nicely, it's a nice material and it's a nice looking kit - who gives a sh1t if the sponsor badge is ironed on?

What shall we moan about next? Only 3 pieces of chicken in the pies or the seats could do with being a centimetre wider?

Sorry Dad x

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Disagree, this errea kit was beautiful (Vicente helps...)

esu6uheg.jpg

Also the 2010-11 kit was very nice, ruined by the sponsor

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well, I find it rather shit as well.... not sure the 'where we have come from' is at all relevant. Just dont like it, but the good thing about football shirts, is they change often.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well, I find it rather shit as well.... not sure the 'where we have come from' is at all relevant. Just dont like it, but the good thing about football shirts, is they change often.

they do indeed, but as long as we are sponsored by Nike, the Amex part will always be iron on as it were

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom

Totally agree.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I loved the shirt with Brighton and Hove Jobs on the front. It meant that passers-by in my town didn't have to squint at the badge to see which club I'm a fan of :)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Disagree, this errea kit was beautiful (Vicente helps...)

esu6uheg.jpg

Also the 2010-11 kit was very nice, ruined by the sponsor

That was a fantastic shirt and despite errea being perceived as an inferior brand, the quality looks infinitely better. Probably more ethically produced too.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I do like the new nike kit, but THAT errea kit is easily the best shirt we've had! 😍😍

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
they do indeed, but as long as we are sponsored by Nike, the Amex part will always be iron on as it were

not necessarily, if Nike get enough grief from customers (the clubs) this time round then maybe they'll include white sponsor bars in their future shirt designs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here