Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Thorne

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I see that he has done his cruciate ligament. Didn't he just sign permanently for Derby from WBA for more than a million. Now out for up to nine months. Quite a blow for them.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Yep, he was a big player for them last year. The ram fan in here raved over him and I thought he loomed very impressive in the 2 play off games against us. Big blow.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
According to the BBC it's the second time it's happened to him over the last year or so. Sad for the individual. Must be incredibly frustrating. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very good player, their fans will be gutted. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
£2m plus add-ons I believe he cost. Huge slice of ill-fortune for the player and Derby - seemed like he was pretty much their primary transfer target this summer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Major setback for Derby but improves the chances for all the other promotion-chasers.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Big loss for Derby this.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yep, it's pretty disappointing, he is a very very good player and well suited to the way we play. Worth remembering that he only actually played 8 games for us, before we get too suicidal!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A big blow for Derby, but should be back for the run in and potential play offs ???

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Does anyone know if Clubs have any call on personal injury insurance for players who are costing them thousands whilst unable to play? I would be surprised if this isn't the case. Though if it is the premiums must be staggering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here