Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phrases or Sayings for Room 101

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
There are two in particular that I absolutley canot abide right now:

"My bad" - Your bad what? Finish the sentence you cretin
"Standard" - Argh! This one really gets me. Has to be an Americanism.

How about you?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
"Like", when it's used as a filler in dialogue because the speaker has an insufficiently good vocabulary &/or speed of thought to construct a sentence.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He has a passion for . . . .
I'm passionate about . . . .

How many people really have a passion for anything, so much so that they can't control themselves.

Another word that seems to have gained ground is devastate - people are devastated over the slightest thing these days.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Another word that seems to have gained ground is devastate - people are devastated over the slightest thing these days.

A recent customer said she was devastated when I had to put on hold her new bathroom suite due to MOT failure on my van :eek:
I told her I was devastated when it cost me over a grand to get it roadworthy and ROAD TAX it(see what I did there:p)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Financial Fair Play.

sick of hearing of it. apart from the fact it seems to non-existant, budgets have alwasy been resticted by those that want to, or have to, restrict their budget.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
"Can I get....?" irritates me as do a number of the ones above (particularly the 110% one). There's also this, an Americanism that REALLY irritates: "I could care less" when it is the exact opposite they mean.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
'Xx more sleeps', especially from adults. You're not a 3 year old waiting for Christmas you twonk
'Amazeballs'
'Like'
'In that space' (management BS - 'he operates in that space'
'Going forward'

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Can I get, no you ****ing can't,

Another one is when asking someone if they want something like would you like a cup of tea, or would you like a sandwich they reply, no I'm good :annoyed:

Last edited:

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
How about the use of two time instead of the word twice, i.e. James Toseland was two time World Superbike Champion.

Also saying a player is a Germany international rather than a German international, what is that about and why did it seem to change almost overnight in the media?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here