Votes: 19 44.2%
  • BERK

Votes: 24 55.8%

• Total voters

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I know that the SUPERFANS and the LICKERS will be all over this POLE like a RASH but the FACTS don't LIE. We have had 3 months to REPLACE Kucszack and Ward as well as 3 months to SAUCE a replacement for ULLOA but as of now NOTHING whilst all our RIVALS get their squads in good shape.

It is no good saying wait till September 1st, the season starts in 2 WEEKS and getting off to a good start is vital. The squad should have been ready for the friendly against Peterboro on Saturday so it has time to GEL and any last minute TINKERING can be done.

Fail to PREPARE , prepare to FAIL.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yawn.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
From Wikipedia:
The English slang word "berk" is a contraction of "Berkeley Hunt", which in turn refers to the English vulgarity "c**t" (The usage is dated to the 1930s).It is an example of Cockney rhyming slang.

It always amuses me when I hear people like the local vicar or junior school teacher using the term.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Dull, must try harder.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Are people really this stupid? Does anyone think Tony Bloom doesn't have the club's best interests at heart? If they do, has it occurred to them that Bloom would find a way of getting rid of Burke if he wasn't doing his job well. If Tony Bloom is happy with the job that Burke is doing, then why shouldn't people on here, who have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, be happy with it?

Edit to say, I do realise Ernest is a WUM but there are a lot of people on here seriously having a go at Burke.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
From Wikipedia:
The English slang word "berk" is a contraction of "Berkeley Hunt", which in turn refers to the English vulgarity "c**t" (The usage is dated to the 1930s).It is an example of Cockney rhyming slang.

It always amuses me when I hear people like the local vicar or junior school teacher using the term.

A Pedant writes....... This seems unlikely as Berkeley is pronounced BARKLAY as in the Bank, so you would call someone who was a C**t a 'Bark' not a 'Berk'. Or not. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here