Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nuclear waste sites coming to you soon!

Iv'e got a hundred foot garden that is going to waste so could be a perfect site.

I've got a huge plot of land near me currently fit for neither man or beast called Croydon. Feel free to start dumping immediately.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
So much for all the guff that Cameron came out with before becoming PM, about 'localism' and letting communities take more control over their lives.

'People power' is fine, as long as it doesn't conflict with the interests of big business/nuclear power industry/fracking companies :rant:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
good. something like nuclear waste storage should be decided by the most suitable location, not local politics. especially as the vast majority of nuclear waste isnt the nasty stuff we think, but low level radioactive material from hospitals and labs.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
good. something like nuclear waste storage should be decided by the most suitable location, not local politics. especially as the vast majority of nuclear waste isnt the nasty stuff we think, but low level radioactive material from hospitals and labs.

Indeed. It's got to be put somewhere and Iit's of national interest. I'm sure I read that the cumbrians are desperate for it for the jobs anyway?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
So much for all the guff that Cameron came out with before becoming PM, about 'localism' and letting communities take more control over their lives.

'People power' is fine, as long as it doesn't conflict with the interests of big business/nuclear power industry/fracking companies :rant:

To quote the article
The old policy required a strategic authority such as a county council as well as the local council to approve a project.

The new policy simply requires what officials called a positive "test of community support" for the project to go ahead.

It sounds exactly like he's doing what he said in your quote. Or would you prefer a situation where a council like LDC can ignore the majority view of it's constituants and try to block projects that councillors object to, like a football stadium at Falmer for example.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here