Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Isis orders FGM for women in Mosul

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Get together a multi-national force, move into ISIS controlled areas and wipe out the lot of them as quickly and painfully as possible. The world can well do without such imbeciles who are nothing other than an affront to humanity.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Get together a multi-national force, move into ISIS controlled areas and wipe out the lot of them as quickly and painfully as possible. The world can well do without such imbeciles who are nothing other than an affront to humanity.

Trouble is, going to war, even with the noblest intentions, rarely seems to do any good (except to the arms dealers). The only successful outcome in (fairly ) recent times, where a defeated nation has sorted itself out and lived at peace with the rest of the world, and with prosperity, law and order and democracy within itself, is Japan...................

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Trouble is, going to war, even with the noblest intentions, rarely seems to do any good (except to the arms dealers). The only successful outcome in (fairly ) recent times, where a defeated nation has sorted itself out and lived at peace with the rest of the world, and with prosperity, law and order and democracy within itself, is Japan...................

The Germans might have something to say about that!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It does make you wonder if they were better off under Saddam Hussein :down:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
DIP might not agree with any of those points..... you do know that the Sunni vs Shia carnage is all the fault of the west, all Thatcher and Reagan's fault, all Clegg and Cameron's fault,.... its all down to the rampant consumerism in the West, ......well its everyone's fault but their own of course.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
DIP might not agree with any of those points..... you do know that the Sunni vs Shia carnage is all the fault of the west, all Thatcher and Reagan's fault, all Clegg and Cameron's fault,.... its all down to the rampant consumerism in the West, ......well its everyone's fault but their own of course.

For people requesting the UK goes to war, I hope youre prepared to send yourselves or your children to war, and not other families sons, and daughters, in order to have the world how you want it.
ISIS stems from the Al Qaeda in Iraq group. As they were formed after, and to fight the American occupation of Iraq, who do you think is responsible for them?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

You missed off Bush and Blair :thumbsup:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
For people requesting the UK goes to war, I hope youre prepared to send yourselves or your children to war, and not other families sons, and daughters, in order to have the world how you want it.
ISIS stems from the Al Qaeda in Iraq group. As they were formed after, and to fight the American occupation of Iraq, who do you think is responsible for them?
Yes.......done and will do......this family is well represented in those arenas don't you worry...... put your feet up DIP and leave the real world to those who contribute eh!?!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes.......done and will do......this family is well represented in those arenas don't you worry...... put your feet up DIP and leave the real world to those who contribute eh!?!

I served thanks.
If your prepared to send your family to fight there. Good luck to you. More so for them.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I served thanks.
If your prepared to send your family to fight there. Good luck to you. More so for them.
Bobbing along on the briney eh.... tough gig that one...... but fair dos......

All are volunteers don't forget....nobody goes kicking and screaming.....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bobbing along on the briney eh.... tough gig that one...... but fair dos......

All are volunteers don't forget....nobody goes kicking and screaming.....

Not yet ;-)
I know that my time in the RN was a very lucky time.
Would imagine 'timing' is crucial...I missed the Falklands by a couple of years, thankfully...was a fairly tough gig for the RN.
Most of my time was spent doing 'humanitarian' disaster recovery type of missions. Nothing to be ashamed of ;-)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not yet ;-)
Would imagine 'timing' is crucial...I missed the Falklands by a couple of years, thankfully...was a fairly tough gig for the RN.
Most of my time was spent doing 'humanitarian' disaster recovery type of missions. Nothing to be ashamed of ;-)
Its all good time served.......agreed.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Apparently, even Al Queda distance themselves from ISIS...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Not yet ;-)

Exactly, people are often ignorant of the humanitarian role the Armed Forces play.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Apparently, even Al Queda distance themselves from ISIS...

yeah, they are fighting against them in Syria...think Al Nusra is the Al Qaeda mob there, and they have been having their own civil war in Syria, apart from fighting the Syrian army. Its ****ing mess isnt it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here