Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Attack

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Was involved in a nasty/bizarre incident yesterday.Stopped at the lights at City college and noticed a 13/14year old coming round the corner with his Staffie dog off the lead,the dog shoots off and starts attacking a collie that was with a lady in her seventies,while I'm jumping out of the car three guys who were cutting trees were kicking and trying to get the dog off,I grabbed the staffies collar twisted it and lifted him up which thankfully resulted in the staffie letting go,I then grabbed the lead off the youth and
said too him keep the dog on the f***k**g lead, not proud of swearing but I was a bit hyped up.The lads reply was do you want a fight I ignored this comment and then asked one of the tree cutters to hold the lead while I moved my car.On returning I consoled the elderly lady and checked over the collie which amazingly only had a small puncture wound,while I'm doing this the youth starts kicking off when he is told the police have been called and the dog was being held until the police turn up,he strips off his t-shirt and starts threatening the tree cutter who was a huge black guy,the lad is joined by his mother causing such a scene that the guy gives up and let's the dog go, the youth leaving the with the dog off the lead.I left before the police turned up so don't know what resulted but I'm convinced the dog if left would have killed the collie.As I said a bizarre incident.

Stumpy Tim

Disgusting. I went for a walk over the Dyke yesterday and there were two people walking their massive dogs (pit-bulls I think) near cattle. The woman had the larger dog on the lead, but she clearly couldn't control it - the dog was way stronger. I took another route.

Dogs like these should be banned.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Disgusting. I went for a walk over the Dyke yesterday and there were two people walking their massive dogs (pit-bulls I think) near cattle. The woman had the larger dog on the lead, but she clearly couldn't control it - the dog was way stronger. I took another route.

they are great dogs when trained and controlled properly.....it's not the dog it's the ferking idiots who have them for the wrong reason...and this has been done befor so we won't be going off on a never-ending canine argy bargy thread will we...?? ..:moo:

Stumpy Tim

they are great dogs when trained and controlled properly.....it's not the dog it's the ferking idiots who have them for the wrong reason...and this has been done befor so we won't be going off on a never-ending canine argy bargy thread will we...?? ..:moo:

Good point. Unfortunately these dogs do attract a fair amount of idiots. Also, we can't ban idiots but can ban the dogs

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Was involved in a nasty/bizarre incident yesterday.Stopped at the lights at City college and noticed a 13/14year old coming round the corner with his Staffie dog off the lead,the dog shoots off and starts attacking a collie that was with a lady in her seventies,while I'm jumping out of the car three guys who were cutting trees were kicking and trying to get the dog off,I grabbed the staffies collar twisted it and lifted him up which thankfully resulted in the staffie letting go,I then grabbed the lead off the youth and
said too him keep the dog on the f***k**g lead, not proud of swearing but I was a bit hyped up.The lads reply was do you want a fight I ignored this comment and then asked one of the tree cutters to hold the lead while I moved my car.On returning I consoled the elderly lady and checked over the collie which amazingly only had a small puncture wound,while I'm doing this the youth starts kicking off when he is told the police have been called and the dog was being held until the police turn up,he strips off his t-shirt and starts threatening the tree cutter who was a huge black guy,the lad is joined by his mother causing such a scene that the guy gives up and let's the dog go, the youth leaving the with the dog off the lead.I left before the police turned up so don't know what resulted but I'm convinced the dog if left would have killed the collie.As I said a bizarre incident.

Well done for helping out. The chav and his mother were clearly low life. It's hardly surprising, therefore, that their dog behaved in the way that it did. The elderly lady was probably traumatised and is lucky to still have her dog. It comes to something when you can't even walk down a street without running the risk of being confronted by such scum.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Did the chav have one hand down the front of his jogging bottoms?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Disgusting. I went for a walk over the Dyke yesterday and there were two people walking their massive dogs (pit-bulls I think) near cattle.

They are...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Clearly not though. I assume there's a way round the law by cross-breeding. The current law doesn't seem to be water-tight

Pit bull terriers are illegal.

They probably had some other type of terrier, like an American bull terrier or something.

Or they had pit bulls & didn't give a toss maybe. People who still have them don't generally take them walkies in places frequented by lots of others though.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Had the dog 'staffy' of a house a few doors away attack our dog in our garden a couple of months ago. It had escaped through a hole in their fence into next doors and leapt our fence to bite our poor thing and all I got of them wads abuse when telling them to keep their dog under control. Ended up having to refence my entire garden with 5 ft panels at my expense to keep their poxy dog out.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
chav..+..mummy chav ...well done but i would have stayed.....

Would have stayed but the feedback from the the police was a bit negative,the tree guy who was on the phone said they" wouldn't be sending the blues and twos and the person who was coming was checking the law in regard to dog attacks"all sounded a bit vague.There were plenty of witnesses and I left a contact number.Ironically as someone who is always walking dogs I have been remarking that all the staffies I have met have all been really friendly.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't think banning dogs is the right answer, that's like banning credit cards because some people commit fraud, or banning drinking because some people die from not being responsible. I don't think there is any real simple solution tbh, which is a shame, I've grown up with a staffie and a german shepherd, the staffy is her bitch in every way and he's male. If they're bought up correctly they're brilliant, I'd go so far as to say I trust him more than the big shepherd, although they're both great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here