Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-l229-1727758_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
09:27 24th July 2014
by James Hilsum
The attitude of the players has been very good and it hasn’t been a surprise for me."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia last night praised the attitude of his players, following the 1-1 draw with Crawley Town.

The Finn has been impressed by the group of players and is pleased with their work ethic since he arrived at the club.He said, "The attitude of the players has been very good and it hasn’t been a surprise for me. I heard we had a very good group here and the mentality is excellent, so that’s very pleasing for me.
"The players have worked hard; we’ve tried to introduce a few new things to them and they’ve picked up on them really well.
"They are not going to completely understand everything that goes on the pitch in the space of a couple of weeks, but we are in a good way and we still have time until the season starts."

He revealed that new signing Chris O’Grady missed the match with a slight rib injury, but expects the striker to be available for Saturday’s trip to Peterborough."He has a problem with his rib so he couldn’t play today, but hopefully he’ll be in the picture on Saturday. He has a lot of quality upfront and hopefully he can have a real impact on the team.
"We are working hard to get a few more players into the club and the chairman and David Burke are working hard to recruit new faces."
O'Grady, Nzuzi Toko, Lewis Dunk, Aaron Hughes and Solly March, who limped out of the game last night, are all expected to shake off minor knocks and niggles in time for the start of the new season.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here