Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another passenger plane gone missing from radar....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
THis was bound to happen when the old Russian Army kit got handed out, sooner or later anti-aircraft stuff capable of downing planes at high altitudes was going to get into the wrong hands. It could radically alter airline routes and procedures for the future.

Anyone fancy a cruise-liner out to Australia again now?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
May have come down in Niger.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
THis was bound to happen when the old Russian Army kit got handed out, sooner or later anti-aircraft stuff capable of downing planes at high altitudes was going to get into the wrong hands. It could radically alter airline routes and procedures for the future.

Anyone fancy a cruise-liner out to Australia again now?

Looks like it made a detour due to poor visibility so you may be jumping the gun (excuse the pun) on that sunshine.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
116 souls on board.

:(

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It is always a relief to get a “yes we have arrived safely” message from people close to you, just by the very nature of flying.

I sort of find it amazing that we are willing to take the chance because everyone who does the lottery thinks it will be their lucky day. To win the lottery is a 1 in 14 million chance, and to die in a plane crash is a 1 in 11million chance.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Taiwan , has had one go down as well killing 48 , so that is the third !

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It is always a relief to get a “yes we have arrived safely” message from people close to you, just by the very nature of flying.

I sort of find it amazing that we are willing to take the chance because everyone who does the lottery thinks it will be their lucky day. To win the lottery is a 1 in 14 million chance, and to die in a plane crash is a 1 in 11million chance

That is a very interesting fact.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

I sort of find it amazing that we are willing to take the chance because everyone who does the lottery thinks it will be their lucky day. To win the lottery is a 1 in 14 million chance, and to die in a plane crash is a 1 in 11million chance.

"Willing to take the chance" I think is a little bit ridiculous. Going on that, are you willing to take the chance to leave your house? You might *Insert practically anything* and die.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Thanks for that stat!!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Just shows you what a mug you have to be to win the lottery - it rarely pays out at £28m either.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
"Willing to take the chance" I think is a little bit ridiculous. Going on that, are you willing to take the chance to leave your house? You might *Insert practically anything* and die.
OOOPS! Missed the inverted commas there, couldn't get my head around the " Insert practically anything " part of that post. Motto:- read it properly first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here