Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor has a pop again......

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
"Some absolute rubbish has been written about Ulloa on social media in recent weeks.

Reading it you would have thought he never scored a goal or put in a shift for the Seagulls.

These blinkered critics must have suffered amnesia".

ref: Talking Point: No blame game needed for Ulloa move
10:32am Thursday 24th July 2014 in Sport By Andy Naylor

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What rubbish is he talking then, seems to me he thinks we got a good deal for Ulloa and that he will be missed, where is the rubbish in that.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
What concerns me is that the main sports journalist on the local rag seems to rely so much on an internet fans forum for his material. If I were to read the Argus sports pages (I gave that up a while ago) I'd sort of expect/hope that I'd be mainly reading news drawing on the reporter's football expertise, and gleaned from his inside contacts with the club and players, not regurgitated drivel which I'd already read (and possibly even contributed to) myself on NSC

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
What rubbish is he talking then, seems to me he thinks we got a good deal for Ulloa and that he will be missed, where is the rubbish in that.

I don't disagree with what he has said but I think the needless way in which he criticises fans who have used social media is a bit odd.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Probably talking about the comments on Argus on line also. There is as much shit written on there as there is on here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sadly there has been plenty of revisionist crap written about Ulloa, on here at least. Fair point I thought.

A lot? A few comments here and there, I'll grant you but I disagree that there's lots. I think most Brighton fans' view is that Ulloa is good but not £10M worth....not that we're complaining.

I guess Naylor is trying to stir up interest and justify his position. Strong rumours abound that he's not exactly warmly welcomed at the Albion and it's clear he's no more in the know than a lot of us who have friends or family working there.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I don't disagree with what he has said but I think the needless way in which he criticises fans who have used social media is a bit odd.

Why? Lots of people on here criticise him, you can't have it both ways. Everyone that writes for a paper or on a forum does not deserve to be beyond criticism.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Andy naylor and the argus in the last few years have become increasingly irrelevant on all things at the Amex .
Think he or the paper must of seriously pissed someone at the club off in the past .

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What a pointless article. Quick tip about being a journo Andy (it's pretty obvious that you're somewhere on NSC), the operative part of the word news is the 'NEW'. The Ulloa leaving story is chip paper now, we've moved on. Do your job and find some new transfer shit out.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
To be fair, Naylor is an expert in absolute rubbish.

images.jpg
To be fair to Naylor, the image says it all :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Do your job and find some new transfer shit out.

But that would mean getting out and about, so he is not going to do that....

Instead he will be trawling the internet sites and forums like............

NSC....

He is lying if he says he does not look at NSC simple fact he has to it's his job and if does not, he is not doing his job.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It was in that context that he said he doesn't. I would be rather surprised if he doesn't having said that....

I'd put money on him looking here, and if he doesn't then he's making his life harder

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Why? Lots of people on here criticise him, you can't have it both ways. Everyone that writes for a paper or on a forum does not deserve to be beyond criticism.

Its the first line that concerned me the most (working in media and particularly journalism previously) i find it odd that he would use the term 'absolute rubbish' when speaking about fans opinions on SM. Fans are entitled to what they think, he has a responsibilty to report it but not condem it IMO.

We however, can say what we like within reason.

His platform is very different to ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here