Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much of the World Have You Seen?

How many countries have you spent more than 24 hours in?

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-5

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • 11-15

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • 16-20

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • 20+

Votes: 50 42.7%

• Total voters

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Controversial - UK counts as 1 entity, so no individual scoring for England/Wales/Scotland/NI.

Also, I imagine there may be two or twenty people on this forum that will need reminding, Airport stops DO NOT COUNT.
I spent 6 hours in Bahrain airport but that doesn't mean I've seen any of the country.

8 for me, all in Europe.

I would dearly love to go further afield but alas my fear of flying prevents this, 4 hours on a plane is enough to get me at near heart attack levels.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Comfortably in your last section, but I'd still maintain that I've seen pretty much NOTHING of the world. Not many have, I'd suggest.

For example, 10 or so of the countries I've been to, have been for work trips to sports events. I've been to loads of countries where all I've seen of it is one city, or even a small part of one city. I wouldn't consider someone who'd flown to London once, for a three day work trip, to have 'seen' the UK.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Well over 20, but I would only claim to know France and Germany at all, with more than 15-20 visits to each. Others have been one-offs, city breaks, work trips, lads weekends etc.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
England
Namibia
South Africa
France
Netherlands
Belgium
Iceland
Spain

America next week, can't wait :D

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite a few, but prob about half of these were work trips where I might have seen little more than a succession of taxis, offices and restaurants, and not too much of the country, although I have done several work trips that span a weekend, leaving time for exploring which has always been good (not recently though). May have missed a few but can recall these, at least 3-4 days in each except Uruguay and Malaysia :

Spain
Portugal
France
Denmark
Belgium
Germany
Holland
Croatia
Greece
Luxembourg
Austria
Switzerland
Italy
Monaco
Singapore
Hong Kong
Malaysia
India
UAE
Saudi Arabia
Japan
Argentina
Brazil
Colombia
Uruguay (one night)
USA
Mexico
Dominican Republic
Antigua
Barbados
Poland
Cyprus
Gibraltar
Malta
Bahamas
South Africa
Tunisia

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Easily in the 20+ section, and well into the upper 30's, probably lower 40's if I put my mind to it.

Next on the list, Burma/Myanmar next month (work, with a few days hol thrown in)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
20+ but like others, a lot of them have been barely visits - I went over the bridge to Malmo for lunch one day when I was in Denmark (which I did see a lot of, by comparison - Copenhagen and the countryside on Jutland); so I've got Sweden, but it shouldn't really count. Belgium's been a succession of motorway service stations, Austria was a motorway service station, etc - does that count under the airport exemption or not?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
8 for me, all in Europe.

I would dearly love to go further afield but alas my fear of flying prevents this, 4 hours on a plane is enough to get me at near heart attack levels.

It's not the flying you want to worry about. It's the crashing.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'm up to 19 as far as I can remember off the top of my head but may have forgotten some along the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here