Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five countries you detested visiting and would never return to.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
1.Tunisia.
2.Morocco.
3.Scotland.
4.Portugal.
5.Belgium.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Never been to Tunisia but everyone i have spoken to hated it and wouldn't return. Slightly controversial but i'm not keen on France. Country is lovely it's the people.

Not sure about your 3&5 answers

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nah, can't think of 5. Had a few bad experiences but there is always something to like. Scotland is stunning, and Portugal is brilliant for golf. Agree Tunisia is a bit of a shitpit in places though.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
3.Everybody in Scotland hated the English and kept telling me so.
5.Belgium was mind numbingly boring.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Wow. You must be filled with a lot of hate. I had a good time in Tunisia; the food was decent, the people were incredibly friendly and Cathage is beautiful and fascinating. Scotland and Belgium are two of my favourite countries. Scotland for its majestic mountains and vibrant cities, Belgium for its fantastic food (particularly steak!) and impressive architecture. Portugal? Seriously? It's got a lot to offer (if you avoid the areas packed with British tourists...

Not been to Morocco but nor have I been to any country that I hate, or even dislike really.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I would never go back to Turkey.

It was a bloody awful experience but I would not say I detest the place.

It was more a one off bad break that put me off the place.

Every country has beauty & wonderful cultures to soak up. If you can pick 5 countries you detest, travelling really ain't for you

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not sure about the rest of the countries concerned but I will never go back to Moscow (everyone was miserable and rude) or Dublin (boring and expensive).

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Nothing but very fond memories of Belgium for me and I still have friends there to this day. I couldn't say I detest any of the countries I've visited. Whilst they all have their pros and cons it all becomes part of the experience, good or bad. I hated Malaysia when I was there initially but I quickly realised it was my shortcomings as a human being which resulted in me failing to accept and appreciate a different culture and a completely different way of life.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Wow. You must be filled with a lot of hate. I had a good time in Tunisia; the food was decent, the people were incredibly friendly and Cathage is beautiful and fascinating. Scotland and Belgium are two of my favourite countries. Scotland for its majestic mountains and vibrant cities, Belgium for its fantastic food (particularly steak!) and impressive architecture. Portugal? Seriously? It's got a lot to offer (if you avoid the areas packed with British tourists...

Not been to Morocco but nor have I been to any country that I hate, or even dislike really.

We won't be holidaying together anytime soon then?:lolol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We won't be holidaying together anytime soon then?:lolol:

I guess not :) Seriously though, have you just been unlucky with bad experiences? Yes there is considerable poverty in Tunisia, which was sad to see, and I probably won't be going back as there's so many other places I'd like to see but I still had a good time there.

If my wife wasn't using the laptop I'd post some beautiful photos from each of these trips.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I went to Ireland with my dog. He wasn't allowed on the train, in the pubs, on the buses or in the campsites. I ended up sleeping rough. He's dead now though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Worst people = Egypt, bar none. I got to the airport early to see if I could get an earlier flight. I was even ripped off getting there by the taxi driver.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Did being in Ireland kill him?
Or was it coincidence?
Was he old and sick for example when you went to Ireland?
In which case it could have happened anywhere.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I went to Ireland with my dog. He wasn't allowed on the train, in the pubs, on the buses or in the campsites. I ended up sleeping rough. He's dead now though.

That sounds exactly like something Alan Partridge's friend Michael could have said.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Did being in Ireland kill him?
Or was it coincidence?
Was he old and sick for example when you went to Ireland?
In which case it could have happened anywhere.

He was young, alive and spirited as well as being well trained and well behaved. They didn't like him in Ireland so I cut my Irish holiday short and went and had a fantastic time in Wales instead.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
He's dead now though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here