Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over £14M received for the sale of .......

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
... Leo, Bridcutt and Barnes and only £500K spent so far on Chris O'Grady. By my reckoning, therefore, even if the club want to retain half this income we must still have a sizeable pot available for signings. The question is can we and will we spend it? Let's hope the club have some big surprises in the pipeline for us "transfer in" starved supporters and that we have something to cheer about soon.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
... Leo, Bridcutt and Barnes and only £500K spent so far on Chris O'Grady. By my reckoning, therefore, even if the club want to retain half this income we must still have a sizeable pot available for signings. The question is can we and will we spend it? Let's hope the club have some big surprises in the pipeline for us "transfer in" starved supporters and that we have something to cheer about soon.

dont bank on it

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Didn't we pay a fee for that lad who is on loan to Aberdeen?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've spent some already, what about Stephens, Toko, Spanish fella, Linguard and the obvious one I've clearly forgotten, because I always do.

Your headline figure wouldn't have looked anywhere near as impressive 48 hours ago.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Minus the fact people have conveniently forgotten that a HUGE stadium and training academy has to be paid for and FFP being a bit of a game changer.

Some fans honestly live in cloud "Football Manager game" cuckoo land.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We've spent some already, what about Stephens, Toko, Spanish fella, Linguard and the obvious one I've clearly forgotten, because I always do.

Your headline figure wouldn't have looked anywhere near as impressive 48 hours ago.

I thought Toko and the Spanish fella were free transfers, and that Lingard was funded by MU?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Minus the fact people have conveniently forgotten that a HUGE stadium and training academy has to be paid for and FFP being a bit of a game changer.

I know we need to be prudent but if we're to be competitive in the Championship we're going to have to invest in some quality players whether we like it or not. It is possible to invest in players as well as bricks and mortar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Toko and the Spanish fella were free transfers, and that Lingard was funded by MU?
They've all had their hands in the £14m mythical pot of cash, you're so keen to spend.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
They've all had their hands in the £14m mythical pot of cash, you're so keen to spend.

I don't doubt that they have been paid but they are hardly world beaters and won't have made much of a dent in our sales figure.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We met his buyout clause which was about £2 million.

I've never known that the buyout clause contained a sell-on.

The sell on fee has been mentioned in The Argus. The transfer fee was roughly around £2M as the transaction was in Euros.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Didn't we pay a fee for that lad who is on loan to Aberdeen?

Yes, but it wasn't very much. The local PNE newspaper reporter tweeted it as "token fee up front, more loaded on the sell-on clause."

When someone else tweeted "probably 100 - 200k plus sell-on %", the reporter tweeted "think 100k is a bit generous!".

If I had to guess, I would have a stab at less than 50k up front.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

It does appear though, that every other club in the championship also live there? Every other club in the Championship seems to be investing, but I don't think replacing £8million of striker with a fella that is remarkably fortunate not to be playing League One football is going to cut it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here