Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playing style

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Anyone seen any hints of style from the friendlies so far. I watched tonight's game and it looked as if we were moving the ball quicker with more conviction.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Anyone seen any hints of style from the friendlies so far. I watched tonight's game and it looked as if we were moving the ball quicker with more conviction.

Yep but as usual with little or no end product. And once again our corners were absolutely appalling. What do the players do on the training ground?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It looked very similar to last season IMO.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Any observation on today's game. What is different under Hyppia.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
THe full-backs push on more. We look like we've forgotten how to defend.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Press higher and try and move it forward quicker. Not so much emphasis on keeping possession. Will take time but with right players could work well. Full backs are much higher meaning the 2 other forwards on the pitch tuck in closer to the main striker. Worked well for the goal. Downside we seem a bit more exposed defensively although Toko has not been playing past couple games. He covers ground very quickly and would be essential in front of back 4

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Main difference for me is the full-backs are far more advanced and hug the touchline too.

Worryingly, though, they don't seem to add much to our attacking play and leave us far more exposed at the back. As said on another thread, based on what we've seen so far we'll still struggle going forward but be weaker at the back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt think we showed any definitive style today it was as if the players were unaware of their duties. We desperately need a brain in the side to organise and dictate play.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No sign still of anyone who can take a decent corner.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'll have a look next Thursday I feel Sami is still assessing the players I will judge when we have played a few league games as I said last year keep the faith!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It was only a friendly, i remember Brighton beat Forest 5-0 when they were in the top flight, we were in the 2nd tier. What happend when the season started ? we got relegated.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I think we have chose the utter GASH style from what I've witnessed so far

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here