Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commonwealth Games

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone else watching?

I've always quite liked the CG - obviously not the standard of competition that we see in the Olympics, but I enjoy the "school sports day" atmosphere of the whole thing, seeing small Pacific islands sending their entire GDP on sending three blokes halfway around the world to play crown green bowls, plus the inevitable giant tub of lard who will finish the 100m about three weeks after everyone else - not that I could do any bloody better, mind you!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't you like Ernest's thread?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Looking forward to it, major athletics event

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I have always loved it.

It's great seeing the up and coming athletes too.

Just seeing Liz McColgan there, it has reminded me of how much her Daughter looks like her too. Same family Snaggletooth as well.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1406144621.988777.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1406144621.988777.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 331

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Big yes from me. Any event that has David Rodesia running in it is ok by me, that bloke is outstanding by far my favourite moment of the Olympics.
So many other athletes to look out for as well and plenty of youngsters as well.
Looking forward to the boxing and cycling too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
John Barrowman epitomises everything that's wrong about Scotland. Plus, he's usually a Yankee.

Just when I thought I couldn't ever want to punch that man any more. I get in from work late & switch on the TV to find this.

Christ on a bike.

Who the bloody hell is that blonde crop-haired woman?

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
My god after that opening, let's hope they get independence humiliating

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
now it's like an episode of Balamory. Why is this white haired Annie Lennox look-a-like patronising us so much?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
John Barrowman epitomises everything that's wrong about Scotland. Plus, he's usually a Yankee.

A Twitter comment read "John Barrowman: An accent for whatever occasion you want to book him for".

This Opening Ceremony is very spectacularly not-as-good-as-London's so far, but I guess that's about right for the CG by comparison to the Olympics.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:lolol:
I was thinking he will have an American accent when I next see him on TV .

Where's Jimmy Krankie, Rab C Nesbit and Begbie from Trainspotting?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
:lolol:
I was thinking he will have an American accent when I next see him on TV .

Where's Jimmy Krankie, Rab C Nesbit and Begbie from Trainspotting?

That would be better.

For some reason Rod Stewart is now singing in a heavy Scottish accent....why? He never usually bothers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here