Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Dora Bryan

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Lovely Lady - I drove Volks Railway for one summer in 1998, and she would use it to "commute" from Peter Pans into town - always a pleasure to have aboard RIP Dora x

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
She wasn't a lovely lady to me when I worked in Hanningtons as a young shop assistant.

She was a rude old cow and seemed to take pleasure in embarrassing me in front of other customers just because I was a youngster.

Asked for someone more senior because "they will know who I am".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Argus said she owned CLARIDGES Hotel on Marine Parade , it has been pointed out it was actually CLARGES Hotel and they've corrected it now :lol:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
She seemed genuinly nice. I met her coming home from Portsmouth when I was in the navy...when the trains used to have compartments. She saw my navy case, and started telling me about one of her relatives who was in the RN, and chatted all the way to Brighton...nice normal lady for a luvvy...rip..

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
She wasn't a lovely lady to me when I worked in Hanningtons as a young shop assistant.

She was a rude old cow and seemed to take pleasure in embarrassing me in front of other customers just because I was a youngster.

Asked for someone more senior because "they will know who I am".

Her son is a good friend of mine and the big problem with Dora has always been her drinking. When sober she's lovely, when pissed she could be a cantankerous old boot.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Agree with most above, worked for her loads of times sometimes lovely others a right cow. Did she still live in the flat at Clarges? Haven't seen her around for ages.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A friend used to rent a flat from her years ago. A horrible land lady by all accounts. RIP though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Argus said she owned CLARIDGES Hotel on Marine Parade , it has been pointed out it was actually CLARGES Hotel and they've corrected it now :lol:

That's what happens when the article is collated by someone in an office in Southampton. Brighton may as well be on the moon as far as they are concerned. They have no knowledge of the town at all.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Clarges still bears the name outside but the hotel long gone. For a while in the 70's, she seemed to be Brighton's only real celeb and opened absolutely everything - fetes, fairs etc.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How many fruity old dears like her are there dotted along the south coast, the kind who can get a bit snippy when they've had a couple too many Dubonnets? Bloody hundreds and they're marvelous. RIP to the old trouper.

burstead

Not a Registered User
Jul 24, 2010
One of a kind . Bless him
mockweek460.jpg

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Got her autograph after seeing her at Chichester Festival Theatre back in the 70s in some comedic piece also starring Peggy Mount and Richard Wattis.
RIP the old trouper

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here