Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone care about the Commonwealth Games ?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
A poor mans Olympics taking over BBC1 for the next 2 weeks, who cares that much ? The BBC have never done this coverage before so why start now ?

5 minutes a day coverage is about right for this load of RUBBISH especially since there is no USA or CHINA in it.

I think your wrong. I believe I bought Bruce Hornsby's 'The Way it is' as a 12 year old boy due to the BBC using as the theme tune to Edinburgh 1986? They have red-buttons and internet now so of course they are going to be showing more.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I sort of cared and had bought track n field tickets to Hampden. But then found out even shitty Travelodges in Glasgow were charging £180 a night during the games. Sold the tickets pronto tonto. fkuc 'em. I'll spend my money elsewhere. :wave:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No, but then I didn't care about the Olympics or World Cup either.

And the endless over-hype and embarassing gush on BBC is irritating.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A poor mans Olympics taking over BBC1 for the next 2 weeks, who cares that much ? The BBC have never done this coverage before so why start now ?

5 minutes a day coverage is about right for this load of RUBBISH especially since there is no USA or CHINA in it.

The BBC are trialling 4k UHD during the Games and using IP as a medium for broadcast transmission.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Has it not finished yet then? Seems like it has been going for ages with all the coverage

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Nice shot of the torch arriving in Glasgow earlier:

34dr32c.jpg

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

I will watch it and enjoy it. A poor mans Olympics for sure. Much like I support and watch Brighton & HA. A team in the championship, a poor mans premier league. It doesn't mean it's not entertaining or worthy of air time. Certainly not rubbish.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Nice shot of the torch arriving in Glasgow earlier:

34dr32c.jpg

Very amusing but the architecture is certainly not of Glasgow nor indeed Scotland.

For what it is worth, any event of this type is hugely welcomed by those who are actively involved in sport as it is something to aspire to.

I am sure that it will be a great success.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Not bothered really so far. Is any other sporting event based solely on the fact that there used to be a British Empire? Ridiculous really. I see some of the big stars aren't bothered.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe

Good shout Ernest - let's trash the efforts of thousands of people who have worked for years to prepare the event - the thousands of athletes who are striving for success at their own level - the city of Glasgow that is transformed by an international event coming to town. In fact why don't we start a boycott of any big sports event coming to our shores that doesn't match up to the Olympics or World Cup. Let's campaign to stop the Rugby World Cup 2015 (too few nations involved), and the World Athletics Championships 2017 (bunch of druggies anyway) and only strive to get Blatter to let us have the World Cup again by joining in the corruption that secures such events these days. And finally why bother to inspire any of the youngest members of our society who aren't intelligent enough yet to recognise what rubbish this all is...........

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Good shout Ernest - let's trash the efforts of thousands of people who have worked for years to prepare the event - the thousands of athletes who are striving for success at their own level - the city of Glasgow that is transformed by an international event coming to town. In fact why don't we start a boycott of any big sports event coming to our shores that doesn't match up to the Olympics or World Cup. Let's campaign to stop the Rugby World Cup 2015 (too few nations involved), and the World Athletics Championships 2017 (bunch of druggies anyway) and only strive to get Blatter to let us have the World Cup again by joining in the corruption that secures such events these days. And finally why bother to inspire any of the youngest members of our society who aren't intelligent enough yet to recognise what rubbish this all is...........

If I WALKED through Glasgow wearing a VEST some FLUNKIE would put a MEDAL round my neck, they are WORTHLESS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here