Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPad update problem..........help

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I left my iPad charging today and finally did one of the updates that kept showing on the general icon. Came home tonight and have turned it on to find the icon that shows the charging pin and then an arrow to iTunes. Everything else is frozen. I don't have a PC anymore to plug into my old iTunes account and I don't think I have had the function to back up to iCloud function on for ages. What to do folks ? Any ideas welcome. Am using the wife's mini iPad at the moment.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I,ve been told that if I plug in to iTunes on my old laptop - if I can find it in the loft - then all data from that point is deleted from my iPad. My fault for not checking that iCloud was on.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Sounds like it has found its way into recovery mode, one way or another you are going to need to connect it to a machine with itunes at this point.

Without an icloud backup though you will probably end up with a completely clean ipad afterwards.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Also if you can't find the laptop you could take into an apple store who can restore it for you .

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
It was an iOS update I,m sure and I have tried holding the 2 buttons down but to no avail.

The original Ipad's had to be connected to ITunes to set them up. The later models were changed to avoid this requirement and the introduction of iCloud meant you could store backups etc virtually. I thought the upgrades to later versions of IOS meant that older IPad's could also be used this way but perhaps not. Connection to any PC with ITunes on will do, or take to an Apple store, but you will lose all your music/data/etc etc. Anything you've purchased can be retrieved via the ITunes store app.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Thanks foe all your help . If the music is safe then it's just work stuff but that's not the end of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here