Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England will not apply to host any FIFA tournaments......

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
........all the while Sepp Blatter is in charge, says Greg Dyke. We have no chance of being awarded any.

FA will only try to host UEFA tournaments until Blatter goes. However he is seeking his 5th term as chairman of FIFA so could be quite a while. (Mail today).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Putting on a World Cup or Olympic games uses up lots of money better spent on other things. I think I heard half a billion to put on the Commonwealth games. I know some of this will go on to be housing but it still seems to be a lot.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good. That's a start. I think we should decline to take part in the 2022 World Cup; that might leave us out on a limb, but if we break ranks I reckon quite a few might follow too - a risk worth taking........

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So if under increasing international tension, Russia is no longer deemed a suitable host for 2018, and we are asked to step in as last minute hosts we would turn it down?

Dyke is an egotistical buffoon. I can't stand Blatter either, but why alienate ourselves further from the rest of the football world?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here