Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£900k for Frazier Campbell

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Fraizer Campbell: Cardiff accept bids from Leicester and Palace

Cardiff City have accepted bids for Fraizer Campbell from Leicester City and Crystal Palace.
Both clubs have met the price to trigger the striker's release, believed to be around £900,000.

Seems cheap , but i guess 1) he wouldnt want to come here
2) Wages would be sky high .

Just goes to show how good a sale Ulloa was .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leicester City came in with the initial bid which triggered the release clause but failed to meet Campbell's personal demands nearly three weeks ago. Palace have matched that bid and Cardiff have two offers on the table. We cannot afford him as he is aiming to earn £40k a week.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Frazier Campbell is a quality Championship striker. As is Leo. If Leicester are seriously aiming at the top 10 then that's £10 million in transfer fees completely wasted.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Frazier Campbell is a quality Championship striker. As is Leo. If Leicester are seriously aiming at the top 10 then that's £10 million in transfer fees completely wasted.

It probably bought a couple of days worth of peace on whatever the Foxes' version of this board is.

"Buy somebody! Anybody! At whatever!"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fraizer Campbell: Cardiff accept bids from Leicester and Palace

Cardiff City have accepted bids for Fraizer Campbell from Leicester City and Crystal Palace.
Both clubs have met the price to trigger the striker's release, believed to be around £900,000.
Seems cheap , but i guess 1) he wouldnt want to come here
2) Wages would be sky high .

So if the management like the look of him, offer 100K more i.e. one million out of the eight million we just made.

1) I'm sure he'd rather come here than live in Leicester or Croydon
2) Yes, he'd want wages, but if his transfer fee is 900K/1M, then his wages probably as affordable as its ever going to get for a club with any serious ambitions to make it to the Premier League. Gotta start paying the going rate SOMETIME.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So if the management like the look of him, offer 100K more i.e. one million out of the eight million we just made.

2) Yes, he'd want wages, but if his transfer fee is 900K/1M, then his wages probably as affordable as its ever going to get for a club with any serious ambitions to make it to the Premier League. Gotta start paying the going rate SOMETIME.

I think you mis-understand the concept of a 'release clause'. He can leave for that becasue the clause in his contract says so, not because that's all he is worth.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

So you'd think he would chose a season (at least) in the Championship at Brighton rather than going straight back into the Premier League with either Palace or Leicester? - If he's happy to be in the Championship next season, would he even consider leaving Cardiff who will be looking to go straight back up.

He doesn't have to leave because the release cause fee has been met.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Why do you assume he'd live in Croydon? I'd say 99% of CPFC players live in huge houses in lovely towns in Surrey. It's effectively the same as saying Brighton players live in Lewes Road as it's close to the stadium.

I'd much rather live in Sussex than Surrey myself but that's because of where I was brought up, apart from that there's no way he'd choose to leave Cardiff for another Championship club, regardless of wages.

All this deal shows to me is what a good deal you got for Ulloa. Campbell had a better strike rate in his last season at Champ level than Ulloa and he's going for less than a million quid, weird.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When are we gonna see a pic if Sigurdsson holding up a palarse shirt?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why do you assume he'd live in Croydon? I'd say 99% of CPFC players live in huge houses in lovely towns in Surrey. It's effectively the same as saying Brighton players live in Lewes Road as it's close to the stadium.

I'd much rather live in Sussex than Surrey myself but that's because of where I was brought up, apart from that there's no way he'd choose to leave Cardiff for another Championship club, regardless of wages.

All this deal shows to me is what a good deal you got for Ulloa. Campbell had a better strike rate in his last season at Champ level than Ulloa and he's going for less than a million quid, weird.

Unless it was a clause only triggered after relegation and was inserted into players contracts (including Frazier's) because there was the worry about being stuck with very high earners and not being able to move them on / or done from the players view to give him a chance to move back the the top flight after relegation so that a (big) transfer fee wouldn't act as a deterrant and cost him that chance

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When he swaps shirts with Bolasie after we spank them 3-0 next season. :cheers:

Haha fair play. Bolasie - now there's a player who may be worth a few quid if he's more consistent...

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Unless it was a clause only triggered after relegation and was inserted into players contracts (including Frazier's) because there was the worry about being stuck with very high earners and not being able to move them on / or done from the players view to give him a chance to move back the the top flight after relegation so that a (big) transfer fee wouldn't act as a deterrant and cost him that chance

It was indeed that, I'm sure he'll have the same clause in his contract with us too. Of course it's only an issue if you actually get relegated and whilst I'm far from confident of survival at the moment, we're unlikely to be the laughing stock off the pitch that Cardiff were!

How many goals do you think Ulloa will get next season out of interest?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Sorry Tom,that's opening a can of worms...say FC comes in on £40,000 a week,players like CMS ,Greer and others would say,Hang on,if he can break the wage limit so can I,we would have players scrambling for pay rises beyond what we could afford...the downward spiral sets in..as we
discovered in the early 80s.
If a player comes into the club he knows the wage limit.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We've activated a release clause , which became active when they got relegated . I don't think that clause allowed him to move to another championship club .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry Tom,that's opening a can of worms...say FC comes in on £40,000 a week,players like CMS ,Greer and others would say,Hang on,if he can break the wage limit so can I,we would have players scrambling for pay rises beyond what we could afford...the downward spiral sets in..as we
discovered in the early 80s.
If a player comes into the club he knows the wage limit.

Agreed we're never going to pay some no-mark journeyman £40K a week. But at some point TB will have to invest in the playing side that will reach the snouts-in-trough Promised Land of the Premier League and allow him to start recouping some of his massive investment. That's never going to happen with promising youth team players and short term loans. The less investment in the playing side I see, the more I'm inclined to think he'll sell out to a bidder with more funds to invest in the playing side of things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here