Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ditch the stripes?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Given how the new shirt has turned out is it time for a break from the stripes?

If Nike can't (or won't) produce a shirt that has a break in the stripes, and if the American Express logo has to be in a solid box then do we need to look at an alternative?

One of better designs posted by someone on here was a blue kit with white pinstripes which surely would've worked.

It would also save the rubbish look of having a striped front and plain back for all those tards who can't recognise a player from 30 yards away.

And it's not like a total break from tradition, we had the B Cal and Phoenix Brewery shirts in the 80's.

If Nike can't (or won't) produce a shirt that has a break in the stripes, and if the American Express logo has to be in a solid box then do we need to look at an alternative?

One of better designs posted by someone on here was a blue kit with white pinstripes which surely would've worked.

It would also save the rubbish look of having a striped front and plain back for all those tards who can't recognise a player from 30 yards away.

And it's not like a total break from tradition, we had the B Cal and Phoenix Brewery shirts in the 80's.

Which just happen to be my all time favourite kits.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

has that happened?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Some of "those tards" are at the top of the WSU and considerably further than 30 yards away. And not everyone is still blessed with 20/20 vision.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
No ditching the stripes is an awful idea

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stripes front and back.

No panel for numbers.

No stick on logo.

Now that would be fantastic. A bit like last year, really :lolol:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
How funny that 30 years on people are looking back fondly at the 80s pin stripe shirts...all I remember at the time is people moaning that "it's not like watching the Albion". Anyway, I like the new shirt, yes we should stick to stripes, and last season from the top deck of the West Stand it was impossible to read the yellow shirt numbers (and I'm not retarded).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Along with those who got in quicker, I also take exception at the 'tards' jibe.

The pitch is 70m wide, then there's another 10m or so to the first row of seats. My seats are in Row Z, so even from there, a player in the nearest half could be 100m away (and that's just from the LOWER tier). My eyesight is admittedly less than perfect these days, but its not poor, and I've struggled at times telling similar looking players like Sparrow / Painter, Bruno / El Abd, Upson / Bridge apart. Yes, things like the colour of their boots / their running style, etc can help, but that doesn't mean the numbering shouldn't be as clear as it possibly can be. That is after all, the POINT of the numbers being there.

Regardless of any of that, can you explain why having less than perfect vision makes somebody RETARDED?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe we should go for a bright colour - like red - and change the seagull to a dragon?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stripes are very narrow. Needs to be broader.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One of which is me, I have to keep asking who's who, apart from Kaz that is.

Toko is roughly the same build as Kaz , if you had to squint to suss out if it was Bruno or El Abd you'll have the same problem.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Keep your PANTS on. I'm just suprised that when watching the team you support people are unable to tell who a player is by size, haircut, mannerism, colour of boot, ability to stand up without falling over (see KLL), geographical location upon the football pitch or any other trait and have to rely on the number. I apologise for the tards comment it was a light hearted dig and not meant to cause offense but I should know how delicate some people on here are. I can't help thinking that people bitching about being able to see the numbers last season is at least partly to blame for the new home and away kits looking like two different shirts stuck together. All stripes or all plain looks so much better.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Along with those who got in quicker, I also take exception at the 'tards' jibe.

The pitch is 70m wide, then there's another 10m or so to the first row of seats. My seats are in Row Z, so even from there, a player in the nearest half could be 100m away (and that's just from the LOWER tier). My eyesight is admittedly less than perfect these days, but its not poor, and I've struggled at times telling similar looking players like Sparrow / Painter, Bruno / El Abd, Upson / Bridge apart. Yes, things like the colour of their boots / their running style, etc can help, but that doesn't mean the numbering shouldn't be as clear as it possibly can be. That is after all, the POINT of the numbers being there.

Regardless of any of that, can you explain why having less than perfect vision makes somebody RETARDED?
Is it the heat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here