Tax credit , is wonderfull .

solly

Aug 31, 2005
Maybe £2 on condoms would have been a good investment after number 2 child

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Oh the Daily Express - that renowned source of impartiality and calm reporting of facts when it comes to immigrants and/or the EU :rolleyes:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think its very noble that British tax payers should sponsor this type of living.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So we're a soft touch because Mihal and Veronica don't like the idea of family planning?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Which part of tbe story is untrue , can you let us know ? I take it this IS the case ? Im sure it must be due to your casual dismissal of the story due to the source.

I'm sure it is true though I'm not sure of the relevancy of highlighting the fact that the family are migrants. I would guess there are far more large 'homegrown' families than there are migrant ones.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised they were so keen to come to Britain when we were expected to have 100 days of Arctic weather followed by tropical storms and then a full summer of heatwave.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
I thought people had to supply wage slips etc in order for benefits to handed out, it just seems pointless going to work if the government will supply all our needs.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just read the article - suggests to me that we are not a soft touch? There's no larger housing available for them, the council won't be helping them find an alternative, the Dad is earning and the kids are in education. Unless I'm missing the point, which is eminently possible.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It really annoys me how papers like the mail and express latch onto these stories but I can see why it annoys hard working people. Ive not opted to start a family yet but I know plenty of people who have had to delay starting one because of mortgage constraints or pay freezes and know people who would love to have more children but feel they must wait due to finances.

It may sound like snobbery or ill informed but seems like the poorer you are the less you have to consider family planning or childcare costs and in some cases the larger the family, the larger the financial benefit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There was a programme on Five last week about Romanians coming over to the UK to exploit the benefits system. All the father had to do was go out in a van collecting scrap metal with the relative who funded his transport costs to bring most of the family over. This gave him documentation to say he was self employed leading to a NI number being issued. Armed with his NI number he then put in his successful claim for roughly £800 a week spending money of which some elements related to children left behind in Romania.

D

Deleted member 22389

Oh the Daily Express - that renowned source of impartiality and calm reporting of facts when it comes to immigrants and/or the EU :rolleyes:

You have to admit, it's wrong. Don't care if they are migrants or British, it takes the piss out of people who are paying and just about keep their heads above water each month and hardly get anything.

It's not the fault of these people either, it's the fault of our stupid system. Things have to change. Secondly this is why we need a proper system put in place. You should only be allowed in to this country if you are not going to become a burden on the state like this family.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Just read the article - suggests to me that we are not a soft touch? There's no larger housing available for them, the council won't be helping them find an alternative, the Dad is earning and the kids are in education. Unless I'm missing the point, which is eminently possible.

From the article , his take home pay is £1800 per month . His Tax credit + benefits is £4600 . Total = £6400 pm

Of course because it is in the express , it could be wrong though .

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I can only count 16 in that pic. Maybe the 17th is on the loo and didn't want to miss their turn on the toilet rota.

The 17th is taking the picture. They placed the story themselves. You know what these Romanians are like. Massive self publicists. Always like to get themselves in the news.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here