Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Cineworld Brighton Closed Today?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just went on the cineworld website to book tickets for tonight, and there's a note on there saying "This cinema is closed due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. We apologise for any inconvenience.".

Their twitter feed doesn't say anything about it.

Anyone know if it actually is closed, and if so why and when is it likely to open?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Weird. I was there last night and it was very much open. Hundreds of foreign students - UKIP would have had a field day

Did they talk through the film and CLAP at the end? :rant:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Try tweeting both the Cineworld Brighton and main Cineworld twitter accounts to ask

Just done it. I don't really like tweeting, I only joined to follow people for news and such. Still I did it.

Cineworld Facebook page

Ah, I don't do facebook, thanks. Sounds like it might be resolved and open this evening then. Cool.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Cineworld Cinemas ‏@cineworld · 1h
Unfortunately @CineBrighton is currently closed due to a technical issue. We'll update you as soon as we can reopen (hopefully very soon).

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It's either air conditioning or software failure in projection. Things that projections/house engineers used to fix before they were all given the boot.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The best thing about Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, which I know is not being talked about here, is that the Trocadero is being done up, so it's not particularly obviously open to passers-by. I do love it when fewer people come into cinemas when I happen to be there. Saying that, very little is on at that branch of any unpappy nature, so it's sometimes fun and a relief to hear 40% of people yabbering whilst I foolishly sit through Insidious 2 and its like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here