Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 'Stick-on Sponsor' on the New Kit.

Will it put you off?

• Buying the kit regardless. (Like the sticky sponsor)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Buying the kit regardless. (Don't like the sticky sponsor)

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Sticky sponsor put me off, would have got it otherwise

Votes: 53 49.5%
  • I like the sticky sponsor, convinced me to buy it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't buy the kits anyway. (Like the sticky sponsor)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Don't buy the kits anyway. (Don't like the sticky sponsor)

Votes: 32 29.9%

• Total voters

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Just wanted to gather other peoples opinions.
I'm in my 20's and don't feel I have to buy or wear the latest kits. I do buy them if they are nice though.
The new kit, in my opinion is a fairly good attempt. (badge in the right place, nice colours, good stripes etc.) However the stick on sponsor ruins it for me. I'm not too bothered, I have other Brighton shirts.
It just seems a shame that the club will be making less money from me this year due to laziness (probably not the clubs fault.)
Are any others the same as me?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Poll fair enough.

Last edited:

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I think people remember some of the older kits which used to peel off, I have a stick on Brighton & Hove Jobs one and it's still as good as new, could be the iron on quality is far better now.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's certainly not life changing, it's only a shirt which I sometimes buy and sometimes don't but that transfer makes it, in my humble opinion, the worst shirt we've had. I certainly can't remember one looking so shoddy even if some of the actual designs were a lot worse. It's bad enough that it's a transfer but to make it a different white and so badly stuck on makes it a 100% no from me. I hope they sell by the truck load but it's a terrible, amateurish effort.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bought it for my son because he's been demanding it and has earned it though good behaviour. Between his under 8s team and the fact he's a STH it'll get plenty of wear. I never get replica kits for myself. However the sponsor on the photo on the other thread looks PONY. Like it was stuck on by a 5 year old using pritt stick.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This will still be our biggest selling shirt ever... even with the shitehouse sponser.

The only way the club will learn that poor quaility is not acceptable is if people return/dont buy the shirt.

I hope the players shirts arent that shit.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Sticky sponsor put me off, not to mention the price. The front is similar to last years and worn under a jacket in the winter, no advantage just to have the blue back covered up!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Here you go... just don't tell the missus why her iron's a complete mess.

[yt]9z4aemfDdAc[/yt]

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I don't generally wear replica shirts but might have been persuaded to buy one for my daughter. I genuinely can't believe that the shirt got 'signed off' by either the club or Nike, the sponsors patch just looks so awful. The rest of the shirt is pretty good I guess. It's a shame but maybe some of the associated training gear etc will be better.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
My effort from the other thread.

How it would have looked if it wasn't ironed on...

BtOFUskCEAACh_0.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here