Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What style of football can we expect from Hyppia?

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Did a few searches but couldn't find anything, so……….

Anyone know what type of football Sami played in Germany? Formations etc?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
When he joined he said that having watched videos of last season that we need to make the transition between defence and attack more quickly... I agree. Hopefully he can deliver.

Does that mean Kick and Rush !

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
He will want the full backs to bomb forward as much as possible from what I have heard.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Not quite the Liverpool way, because we don't have a Gerrard to f'kup in midfield. Thinking about it I wonder if Gasper Wankagain can play midfield?

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Did anyone actually watch/see how Leverkusen played while he was in charge? Or know anyone who did?

Going off one sentence he made about last season whilst helpful, doesn't really give us the answer.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Found some info here

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/news/2013/0000282349.php

Leverkusen had the 2nd best defensive record with him in charge and played a 4-3-3 (with Defensive midfielder). Also seems to have a knack with young talent.

One rather interesting sentence "Replacing lost talent has been a feature of Leverkusen’s management during Hyypiä’s time at the helm"!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not sure the style at a previous club is necessarily a great guide. A year ago, I kept hearing how Garcia was all about attacking football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here