Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MARRS RELISHING CULVER ROAD OPENER

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion women manager, James Marrs, is full of excitement ahead of the season opener with Copsewood at Culver Road, Lancing, on 24th August.The Seagulls will be playing their first four games at home at the Sussex County FA headquarters, with Gillingham, Portsmouth and Tottenham all visiting Lancing before the end of September.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’ve been down to look at the pitch five or six times to see how it’s progressing and it looks fantastic. It’s a decent size for us as well, so I’m really looking forward to seeing our players on it.
“It’s good to play our first four fixtures at home, as it gives us a chance to get used to our new ground. Hopefully it will give us a decent foothold at the start of the season because it’s always important that you get off to a good start.
“They’re all going to be tough games and we’re already looking forward to hosting Copsewood and seeing what they bring to the table. It’s really exciting.
“We feel really lucky to be playing our home fixtures there and hopefully we can build a nice atmosphere and get as many people as possible to watch our games.”

Marrs is now a month into the role as manager after guiding Gillingham to a second-place finish in the league last season and he has been pleased with the players’ work rate ahead of the new campaign.The Seagulls begin their pre-season with a match against Fulham Foundation.
“We’ve got Fulham on Thursday and it will be good for me in the next couple of friendlies to run my eye over the majority of the players and narrow down what’s going to be my first-team squad and what’s going to be my development squad.
“We need the players to get as many minutes as possible and we’ll be focusing on performances in those friendlies as results are not important at all.
“You always need to get match sharpness and playing games obviously helps in that respect. The intensity of training has been really good, so we’ll see if that pays off on Thursday.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here