Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Fans BANNED from toilets for 160 miles!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
At first thoughts (this story is obviously is from the angle of the aggrieved) is that it is downright stupid to stop people being able to use basic amenities. It may turn out that the coaches were, or were believed to, equipped with toilet facilities, however I would be pretty annoyed with this situation and would hope for some explanation. Especially after a match, I struggle to hold on for half an hour after a few half time and post match beers

However, it will probably come down to the service station management having agreed that they did not want to have several coach loads of football fans in their premises and 'have the right to refuse service without giving a reason'

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
At first thoughts (this story is obviously is from the angle of the aggrieved) is that it is downright stupid to stop people being able to use basic amenities. It may turn out that the coaches were, or were believed to, equipped with toilet facilities, however I would be pretty annoyed with this situation and would hope for some explanation. Especially after a match, I struggle to hold on for half an hour after a few half time and post match beers

However, it will probably come down to the service station management having agreed that they did not want to have several coach loads of football fans in their premises and 'have the right to refuse service without giving a reason'

You may be right but when I've gone to away games the services are full with lots of different fans and many coaches so I can't see that being the reason. According to the report there were about 600 people travelling and they only managed to get 3 people to the toilets after a debate about it!

I found this quite disturbing to be honest and if I was on one of those coaches I would be absolutely fuming

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
...then you would of pissed yourself

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Every right to sue, in my opinion - this is just continuing the West Yorkshire Police at Hillsborough and Thatcherite view that football fans are scum and hooligans - wanting, no doubt, to spark a riot, along with 'Shock Horror!' headlines in the S*n about football hooligans relieving themselves at the side of the road.

I just hope the Liverpool fans had enough useable containers that could be emptied out of the windows (preferably on a passing police officer). Oh - and Paul Reid's Sock - the article clearly states that the coaches were toilet-less.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Apart from driving on the hard shoulder, how did the Police stop the coach from entering the service stations if it was in the nearside lane?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apart from driving on the hard shoulder, how did the Police stop the coach from entering the service stations if it was in the nearside lane?

They parked police cars across the slip roads of each of the services. What a waste of resources.

When I travel to away games we have a toilet on the coach,but it doesn't always work 100% of the time.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
bus-wankers.gif

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They parked police cars across the slip roads of each of the services. What a waste of resources.

When I travel to away games we have a toilet on the coach,but it doesn't always work 100% of the time.

Well if I were the coach driver, I would just slow down and stop next to the parked police cars, if that is what they did which I doubt.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I'm no expert in this, however is there not a maximum length that coach drivers are allowed to go before they need a break or to change driver?. What would have happened were there a delay on the way back, and drivers would have gone over permitted hours?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm no expert in this, however is there not a maximum length that coach drivers are allowed to go before they need a break or to change driver?. What would have happened were there a delay on the way back, and drivers would have gone over permitted hours?

Yes, they have to have a 45 minute break every 4 hours.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
This is nothing new. Unless I'm mistaken the exact same thing happened to a coach load of BHA coming back from Stoke when we played them in the cup a few years back. Basic human rights have never been afforded to football fans from the police if there is even the slightest whiff that they might be capable of trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here