Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone booked Birmingham train travel yet?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
If so what's the cheapest people have found so far. I thought it would be a lot cheaper than what I am currently finding.

Any help would be appreciated

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think the only option is Marylebone as I believe Euston has a block to Hemel

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Engineering activity throwing a spanner in the works apparently. Cheap route from Marylebone is maybe the best option. Long journey though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You don't need to pre-book. It's about 29 pound return from London on the Marylebone route. There appear to be no cheaper options.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Engineering activity throwing a spanner in the works apparently. Cheap route from Marylebone is maybe the best option. Long journey though.

Surprisingly, less than two hours on some trains.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The route from Marylebone will be incredibly busy that day, and since Chiltern dont use reservations, you may not get a seat.

A service from Euston is running direct to Birmingham International but via the Chiltern line. Reservations are available on these services but will again be very busy.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
I'm driving. Should be a good away day. Wonder how many we'll take? Let's get some noise up there! SEEEAAAGULLS!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I really don't fancy standing on a service to Birmingham. Are there any other routes to suggest ?

theboybilly

I really don't fancy standing on a service to Birmingham. Are there any other routes to suggest ?

10.21 Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill (arr 12.40)
13.17 WSH to Bordesley (arr 14.22)

Return:
17.37 Bordesley to Worcester Foregate (arr 18.46)
20.02 Worcester Foregate to Paddington (arr 22.38)

A bit convoluted and I'd only do it if I fancied a bevvy in Worcester and a leisurely pootle back to Brighton. I'm staying in Birmingham City Centre on the Friday night.

Last edited:

inthebowls

portslade bluebird
Aug 14, 2011
If so what's the cheapest people have found so far. I thought it would be a lot cheaper than what I am currently finding.

Any help would be appreciated

local cardiff fan here m8. i presume you went on trainline to check out prices. also, if you use the train regular with a mate you should get a two together railcard. third off all your travel. it costs 30 quid and you need a passport sized photo of each of you. got mine from portslade ticket office. took 5 minutes and you can use it on trainline. the pair of us going to wolves and back for 50 quid in a fortnight. good luck for the rest of the season as well.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I live about 20 minutes away from Brum so nice and easy for me. Euston to New Street is the best route or Marylebone to Moore Street. Alternatively you can go via Reading, Oxford or Worcester. You can get a direct train from Brighton to Worcester but it takes 6 hours. Nice and scenic though

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks for the above.

All things taken into account, I may get the train to Victoria and use the National Express coaches. Comes out at £24 return all in (with Network Card).

It gives a bit more freedom, and an hour after the match to catch up on the test match in a local pub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here