Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Plumbers - How easy is a DIY PCB replacement on a Worcester Bosch 240?

0 Not allowed!
    I've got another thread running on this, but it's a bit urgent so specifically, is it relatively straightforward to replace a PCB in this model of boiler?

To someone with reasonable confidence, is this simply a case of making sure the right wires and connectors go back in the right place, or is there other stuff to move out of the way, other components to tackle?

I can get the part, just wondering if it's easy enough to replace or not? (can't find much about it around the net other than a .pdf of the manual).

Thanks!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      If you need a heating engineer pm me and I can recommend 3 different guys - good luck
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Would definitely stay away from plumbers for something like this. ( sorry plumbers....)

0 Not allowed!
      Its easy just remember to isolate the boiler first. Ive changed quite a few over the years and never had a problem.
      You make me

0 Not allowed!
      It all depends on how big a hammer you've got.

Changing a boiler sounds like a job for a club AND claw hammer.

That should get it done in no time.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

#cpfctinpotclub seagullsovergrimsby's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It all depends on how big a hammer you've got.

Changing a boiler sounds like a job for a club AND claw hammer.

That should get it done in no time.
      Where does the letterbox go
      Response to a post by SeasideEagle on BBS - "Are you another account belonging to cpfc2010? You seem to be spouting the same bullshit."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      I've got another thread running on this, but it's a bit urgent so specifically, is it relatively straightforward to replace a PCB in this model of boiler?

To someone with reasonable confidence, is this simply a case of making sure the right wires and connectors go back in the right place, or is there other stuff to move out of the way, other components to tackle?

I can get the part, just wondering if it's easy enough to replace or not? (can't find much about it around the net other than a .pdf of the manual).

Thanks!
      I am a plumber and in the past used to repair and install boilers, I chose not to do that sort of work now.

I have read the other thread on here and I'm guessing that you rent out the flat with the faulty boiler, if you are thinking of doing this work yourself please don't, get in a Gas Safe registered installer.
      It is illegal to work on any gas appliance unless you are Gas Safe Registered.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bn9 bha View Post
      I am a plumber and in the past used to repair and install boilers, I chose not to do that sort of work now.

I have read the other thread on here and I'm guessing that you rent out the flat with the faulty boiler, if you are thinking of doing this work yourself please don't, get in a Gas Safe registered installer.
      I'm not a plumber but I would have thought that this was probably the most sensible option.
      'I’m big and I’m loud and I never let anybody know what I'm feeling. Sometimes it’s so difficult…I..I really like you, Halo' 'I like you too, Toy. You’re my best friend' 'Sure. Best friends. That’s what I meant.'
      'So put a church key in your pocket, we'll hop that freight train in the hall'

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pauli cee View Post
      Would definitely stay away from plumbers for something like this. ( sorry plumbers....)
      Unless they are Gas Safe Registered.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bn9 bha View Post

Thanks, yes good advice.

As it is, a very good friend of mine lives there and he knows a plumber who popped, in to take a look and give me a quote. He wiggled a few things, looked at the switch BG supposedly thought was faulty (they had replaced it then taken it away again when they thought it was the PCB), and it started working again (he's gas safe).

Anyway, I'm going down the Green Deal route now the initial emergency is over and I've got a bit of time to research the quotes and green deal options.

Thanks for getting back to me with sound advice!