Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plumbers - How easy is a DIY PCB replacement on a Worcester Bosch 240?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've got another thread running on this, but it's a bit urgent so specifically, is it relatively straightforward to replace a PCB in this model of boiler?

To someone with reasonable confidence, is this simply a case of making sure the right wires and connectors go back in the right place, or is there other stuff to move out of the way, other components to tackle?

I can get the part, just wondering if it's easy enough to replace or not? (can't find much about it around the net other than a .pdf of the manual).

Thanks!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It all depends on how big a hammer you've got.

Changing a boiler sounds like a job for a club AND claw hammer.

That should get it done in no time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It all depends on how big a hammer you've got.

Changing a boiler sounds like a job for a club AND claw hammer.

That should get it done in no time.

Where does the letterbox go ???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've got another thread running on this, but it's a bit urgent so specifically, is it relatively straightforward to replace a PCB in this model of boiler?

To someone with reasonable confidence, is this simply a case of making sure the right wires and connectors go back in the right place, or is there other stuff to move out of the way, other components to tackle?

I can get the part, just wondering if it's easy enough to replace or not? (can't find much about it around the net other than a .pdf of the manual).

Thanks!

I am a plumber and in the past used to repair and install boilers, I chose not to do that sort of work now.

I have read the other thread on here and I'm guessing that you rent out the flat with the faulty boiler, if you are thinking of doing this work yourself please don't, get in a Gas Safe registered installer.
It is illegal to work on any gas appliance unless you are Gas Safe Registered.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I am a plumber and in the past used to repair and install boilers, I chose not to do that sort of work now.

I have read the other thread on here and I'm guessing that you rent out the flat with the faulty boiler, if you are thinking of doing this work yourself please don't, get in a Gas Safe registered installer.
I'm not a plumber but I would have thought that this was probably the most sensible option.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Thanks, yes good advice.

As it is, a very good friend of mine lives there and he knows a plumber who popped, in to take a look and give me a quote. He wiggled a few things, looked at the switch BG supposedly thought was faulty (they had replaced it then taken it away again when they thought it was the PCB), and it started working again (he's gas safe).

Anyway, I'm going down the Green Deal route now the initial emergency is over and I've got a bit of time to research the quotes and green deal options.

Thanks for getting back to me with sound advice!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thanks, yes good advice.

As it is, a very good friend of mine lives there and he knows a plumber who popped, in to take a look and give me a quote. He wiggled a few things, looked at the switch BG supposedly thought was faulty (they had replaced it then taken it away again when they thought it was the PCB), and it started working again (he's gas safe).

Anyway, I'm going down the Green Deal route now the initial emergency is over and I've got a bit of time to research the quotes and green deal options.

Thanks for getting back to me with sound advice!

Good news:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here