Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club lose Bennett's Field

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
1901 parking now in Uni. Buses from uni to coach park laid on. Disabled parking still available at the ground.

Might explain why there's only parking at the Bridge available for some of the home games I've looked at....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
1901 parking now in Uni. Buses from uni to coach park laid on. Disabled parking still available at the ground.

Might explain why there's only parking at the Bridge available for some of the home games I've looked at....

Buses from the uni? you are joking??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I heard rumour a while back that Mr Bennett was asking for a massive increase in annual rent as part of the lease renewal, in the order of around 400% of the value being paid under the existing lease. I imagine he thought the club had no choice but to pay. Seems he was wrong.

Don't play poker against Tony Bloom unless you are prepared to lose.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Buses from the uni? you are joking??

Nope.

"Parking for 1901 Club Platinum and Gold members will now be at Sussex University, there will be a shuttle bus service in operation from the University car parks to the coach park at the stadium to assist members"

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
No Bennett field parking is a massive move forward.

It's causes no end of problems.

Bus service improved considerably when they stopped cars leaving that until most supporters left.

TB

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I heard rumour a while back that Mr Bennett was asking for a massive increase in annual rent as part of the lease renewal, in the order of around 400% of the value being paid under the existing lease. I imagine he thought the club had no choice but to pay. Seems he was wrong.

Don't play poker against Tony Bloom unless you are prepared to lose.

Can Mr Bennett run it as a private matchday car park??

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Nope.

"Parking for 1901 Club Platinum and Gold members will now be at Sussex University, there will be a shuttle bus service in operation from the University car parks to the coach park at the stadium to assist members"

Too posh top walk. I thought 1901 was meant to be full of NORMAL FANS?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can Mr Bennett run it as a private matchday car park??

I imagine the club will [have to] turn it back into a field first so it will cost him a bit to turn it back into a car park.

Would Mr Bennett actually be able to access it after that? Don't the club effectively own everything around it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I heard rumour a while back that Mr Bennett was asking for a massive increase in annual rent as part of the lease renewal, in the order of around 400% of the value being paid under the existing lease.

Is that 4 or 5 times as much? I can never get my head around this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is that 4 or 5 times as much? I can never get my head around this.

4 times.

If I'd meant 5 times I'd have said "400% more".

As it is, I went for "400% of" instead of "300% more" as it makes Mr Bennet sound more greedy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here