Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-Eclampsia Petition

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
Dear all

This is a cause very close to us. Mrs Kubes and I lost our first baby due to pre-eclampsia 18 years ago and Mrs K has been closely involved with Action on Pre-Eclampsia (APEC) since then.

Pre eclampsia is a disease affecting only pregnant women - it affects 1in 10 women and 1 in 100 can become seriously ill. Despite 22 years of work at Action on Pre-eclampsia (APEC), on average 7 women (and 1,000 babies) die each year in the UK due to pre-eclampsia. Whilst in rare cases this cannot be prevented, the overwhelming majority of these deaths are unnecessary resulting from sub-standard care.

Women in the UK are continuing to die from pre-eclampsia due to a failure to recognise and treat the condition according to officially approved guidelines from NICE.
You can help to prevent these deaths.
Please lend your voice to this new campaign to have deaths from pre-eclampsia due to sub-standard care officially declared a ‘never event’ in the NHS. This means that any future deaths will automatically be considered a serious failure and trigger a review of the systems and procedures that allowed it to happen.

It will only take a minute to sign this petition but I urge you please to do so

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/say-no-to-pregnant-women-dying-from-sub-standard-care-in-the-uk-1-2-3-4

Thank you

Kubes and Mrs Kubes
(Lower West Stand)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Done and put it on my twitter @notaproperblog which has a lot of parents following. We were lucky with our two but my wife works for a birth and childcare charity and is fully aware of both this horrible disease and what happens if it is not treated properly.

Good luck.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Signed.

Well done to Mrs Kubes for her work on APEC.

Sandradee

Apr 16, 2014
Signed.... I had this when I was pregnant, I was near to deaths door, if it wasn't for the wonderful care I had, I wouldn't be signing this today.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Signed.

Me and Mrs Spongy are expecting our first in 3 weeks and it's only in the last 9 months I've learned just how much danger there can be during pregnancy and childbirth.

Jul 7, 2003
Signed and retweeted. My wife suffered with pre-eclampsia with our son. Luckily it was identified quickly and although our son was born six and half weeks early they both came through it okay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here