Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition the FA NOT to appoint Wayne Rooney as England captain

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well I don't know about all of you but I am just about sick of the football establishment circling its wagons and all but crowning Rooney as the next England captain. This swollen lump of sulk, the prostitute bedding malcontent, this tournament goal shy shuffler, this crowd badgering advert for all that is foul in the modern game must NOT be allowed to don the magic armband.

If you feel the same way then I urge you all to sign the following petition that I have just knocked up...

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-football-association-not-to-appoint-wayne-rooney-as-england-captain-2

And if you DO sign, please could you consider going the whole hog and sharing. Share it everywhere. Share it with your friends, your families, hell, even your nemesis if you have one. If you have friends and contacts at other clubs then let them know. If you're the supporter of another club dipping into the magical world of NSC then please take this back to your home forum and put it out there for all to see. Let's give this thing wings and see if we can get somebody somewhere something to think about.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Why does it matter? All a football captain does is call heads or tails and sell shirts.

Personally I'd go for Hart or Chaill but I won't be losing any sleep over it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
My one concern with Rooney is a slightly more logical one. Is he actually guaranteed a starting place any more?

That was my first thought too.

I don't tend to like Goalkeepers being captain, but I would chose Hart - he seems to have taken upon himself to give the pre-match pep-talk anyway, so he is already halfway there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a no-brainer - it has to be Joe Hart.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have absolutely no problem with Wayne Rooney as England captain. Providing he keeps his place.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
IMO Rooney isn't the right sort of role model for the squad or fans to be captain of his country. Plus his form may not guarantee him a place.

I look forward to seeing how Rooney handles the Van Gaal regime at United, it could either give him a new lease of life and benefit England - or the wheels could come off.

Meanwhile there aren't many outstanding candidates for England captain. Maybe Hart or Cahill will do in the short term until Lallana becomes a regular.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Rooney, Hart, Cahill it doesn't really matter.

Far more important matters in our football such as filtering the monies down the pyramid and investing in grass roots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here