Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa-Wood

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sure someone else has opened a thread on this but as none of the major papers seemed to have picked up the Ulloa story yet I went googling and came across this:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/L...ts-finishing/story-21740358-detail/story.html

Nothing new there you may think except for the comments on Wood. I wonder why, if Wood is coming available we are not in there. OK Wolves may be a bigger club but worth a shout isn't it. He's now proven at this level and has certainly grown up since he was last here and he didn't do that bad then.

Comments?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I dont think a big man down the middle is the way Sami wants to play.

I suspect that his Leicester wage packet, has proved to be a bigger turn off. How about Stevie May at St Johnstone. He must be well within our budget now and whilst certainly not a ready made replacement for Ulloa, he could be worth a punt.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well that's how his Leverkusen team played

This is true, but that was Lewondowski ?
Im sure I have heard and read several quotes from people in the know.... that Sami want 3 front men with pace, guile and movement etc
Hence O'Grady not at present anyway being a starting option, more of a tactic changer should it be required.

I could be completely wrong ofcourse

Stumpy Tim

This is true, but that was Lewondowski ?
Im sure I have heard and read several quotes from people in the know.... that Sami want 3 front men with pace, guile and movement etc
Hence O'Grady not at present anyway being a starting option, more of a tactic changer should it be required.

I could be completely wrong ofcourse

I have heard him say the front man doesn't necessarily have to be a big man to be fair. But his history suggests it will be.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We won the league in 100% of the seasons that Chris Wood played at Brighton.

You can't argue with the stats. Sign him up Sami!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
6ft3 Stefan Kießling was Leverkusen's main man up front when Sami was manager

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I hope that we do not chase after Wood as he is not the answer to a team with aspirations of the Premier. Slow with very little ability
This indeed, he is only really a small step above AB..... let's be bold and get someone who won't need to be carried....his about Holt, he must be looking for a starting place somewhere surely.....he can lead the line with CMS and the rest feeding off his physical work.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
havent Wolves offered 2million , which possibly may rule us out

Huddersfield also in for him but the on going Clayton situation maybe stalling them .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here