Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

funny little habits!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I can't walk up or down a flight of stairs without counting them, whether I've been up and down them dozens of times, or not.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
When filling up always have to round it up to the nearest number ie £50 or £60. Nothing more annoying (to me) than filing up with £60.01

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A sad one. Sometimes filling up with 45.454 litres of fuel then setting odometer to zero, to see how many miles achieved in reality to the old 10 gallons and how much is fuel per imperial gallon. No real interest in either, but relieved the boredom of standing at the pump filling up.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I can't walk up or down a flight of stairs without counting them, whether I've been up and down them dozens of times, or not.

Absolutely this, although I take it further. I remember the number of steps for all those I use regularly - 17, 23, 8, 9, 13 for example is street level to north bound platform of the Victoria line! I need this to make sure that the last step I take off every flight is onto my left foot.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sadly did that in the early days of WSU. I can't remember, but was it well over 100 from the (near Dick's Bar) NW end?

Would pass older folk taking an oxygen break - they've probably moved to WSL since.

153 from memory

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You are not in the WSU are you Phil?

WSM, I think it's around 90 but the thing is, as soon as I get there I just forget.

Absolutely this, although I take it further. I remember the number of steps for all those I use regularly - 17, 23, 8, 9, 13 for example is street level to north bound platform of the Victoria line! I need this to make sure that the last step I take off every flight is onto my left foot.

Ah, now, I do know, and remember, it's 24 from the Central line platform to the barriers, that's one that does stick in my mind. Do you count the 'steps' when you're walking up or down moving escalators? I do!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have the habit of rounding the petrol pump totals to significant dates ie £10.66 £19.01 £19.45 £19.66 £19.10 £19.83 :moo:
WHATS YOUR LITTLE ODD BIT OF BEHAVIOUR???
I have no idea how you do that, since my petrol bills tend to be in the range of £45.89, £53.34, £47.71 etc. Do you know a particularly cheap garage?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here