Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teenagers make up

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
What is it these days with teenagers make up?
Whatever has happened to natural beauty??
Putting so much cr*p on their faces are they all insecure that they cant go outside without makeup.
Hair dying used to be for people who were going grey and kids these days seem to dye their hair at least once a month.
Foundation these days is painted on, Tarty lipstick then there is fake tanning , drawing on those ridiculous eyebrows and huge lashes it makes you wonder how long they need each morning to do their 'Paint by numbers' plus what is the expense for all this products I dread to think.
I suppose it must be the TOWIE effect

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What is it these days with teenagers make up?
Whatever has happened to natural beauty??
Putting so much cr*p on their faces are they all insecure that they cant go outside without makeup.
Hair dying used to be for people who were going grey and kids these days seem to dye their hair at least once a month.
Foundation these days is painted on, Tarty lipstick then there is fake tanning , drawing on those ridiculous eyebrows and huge lashes it makes you wonder how long they need each morning to do their 'Paint by numbers' plus what is the expense for all this products I dread to think.
I suppose it must be the TOWIE effect

....and that's just the blokes

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
these days? been that way since the late 60's/ early 70's

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Could it be something to do with the massive industry that's built up around flogging this stuff to them, and convincing them that they need it? Just a thought.

If you go into somewhere like Boots in North Street, you have to walk past counter after counter of make up franchises staffed by ugly young women with orange cake on their face and fake eyelashes, in order to get to the normal stuff that Boots used to sell.

Presumably someone (or even a lot of people) buys this stuff. I agree, however, that it's very odd that many young women feel that they can't apparently leave the house without these chemicals on their faces and hair or they won't look attractive. And the irony of it is, that they look less attractive than if they just washed their face and brushed their hair.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I dislike make-up on any woman. Has a bloke ever said to a woman "your make-up looks good". Does anyone actually think it looks natural. I just assume it's hiding something nasty.

Nearly all women wear make up nearly all the time. When well applied it looks natural; it's when it's shovelled on to their faces that it makes them look ropey.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Nearly all women wear make up nearly all the time. When well applied it looks natural; it's when it's shovelled on to their faces that it makes them look ropey.

But why do do they wear it all the time? Especially if, as you say, that when they apply it well, it looks natural. If the only good make-up looks as if you aren't wearing any, why not just cut out the middle man and not wear any??

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
They're a squirty flower away from looking like clowns..

Funny you should say that. I was on my train to work in London once and a girl got on at Hove. Quite a pretty girl really, sat opposite me. She spent the entire journey, over an hour, putting on mske-up. When she got off at London Bridge she looked like a ventriloquists dummy the make-up was so bad. I don't think that was the effect she was looking for.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
But why do do they wear it all the time? Especially if, as you say, that when they apply it well, it looks natural. If the only good make-up looks as if you aren't wearing any, why not just cut out the middle man and not wear any??

The same reason magazines airbrush beautiful women.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hair needs straightening every day before they leave the house too, madness.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How old are some of you?

clown-makeup.jpg

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Blimey what a refreshing thread. I will come clean and confess my woman hood. I have never worn make up, never felt then need. But I also have freinds who will not leave the house "without their face on". I feel for them, they are that insecure. The problem is that womans magazines and the perfect people they print are lies and give woman unacheivable standards that they can't ever meet. I will not have these mags in my house. I try to explain to my soon teenage daughter that magazines sell lies and the images are not real.

You can keep yourself fit, have nice hair and look after your self without the need for make up.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Blimey what a refreshing thread. I will come clean and confess my woman hood. I have never worn make up, never felt then need. But I also have freinds who will not leave the house "without their face on". I feel for them, they are that insecure. The problem is that womans magazines and the perfect people they print are lies and give woman unacheivable standards that they can't ever meet. I will not have these mags in my house. I try to explain to my soon teenage daughter that magazines sell lies and the images are not real.

You can keep yourself fit, have nice hair and look after your self without the need for make up.

Agree with all this. One of the ironies of all this is that, if the reason that young (and not just young) women feel the need to do all this is to impress men, it seems to me, on the basis of quite a number of blokes I know, that it's self-defeating. A lot of men prefer a more natural look in women.
Of course there could be other reasons... what though? to impress each other? Because they really think, on looking in the mirror that it looks better? Hard to understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here