Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When a player joins/leaves for a fee NSC isn't happy with = BARBER OUT

When a player joins/leaves for a fee NSC is happy with = WELL DONE TONY BLOOM

Quite.

I think you could simplify it further:

Anything BHA related that's bad happens: BARBER/BURKE OUT, WHAT ARE THESE CLOWNS DOING WITH OUR CLUB
Anything BHA related that's good happens: WE LOVE TONY BLOOM, OUR CLUB'S IN SAFE HANDS

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You would hope someone would a decent job on nearly half a millions pounds a year

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a pointless comment. In my opinion.

Why ? We have paid top money for his services so you would hope he would be good. He is not doing it for love or any real affiliation with the club. It is his present payroll.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It isn't pointless at all. You're looking for someone earning £450k a year to add a good deal more value than someone doing the same job earning £200k a year.

That said, it seems he's doing a decent enough job.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why ? We have paid top money for his services so you would hope he would be good. He is not doing it for love or any real affiliation with the club. It is his present payroll.

It isn't pointless at all. You're looking for someone earning £450k a year to add a good deal more value than someone doing the same job earning £200k a year.

That said, it seems he's doing a decent enough job.

It's needlessly snidey and negative. Like going onto a thread about a player being MoM and saying "well he SHOULD make that tackle, he's paid enough." I love this fantasy world we've created where people turn down big sums of money on a regular basis.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I understand that quite a fair whack of his remuneration is "commission" on sponsorship deals. So if he is earning a lot of money, the club are earning a lot more than that. I may be totally wrong, but I think when the job was advertised, the salary was 110k per annum plus bonuses. (That was 3(?) years ago)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

It's less pointless than speculating whether Barber's doing a good job when no-one really knows. We do now he's very well paid for what he is, so you'd hope he's doing an excellent otherwise we could get someone in to the same job but cheaper (like we seem to be doing with players)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Where did we find out his basic was £450k?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Where did we find out his basic was £450k?
I've read it somewhere, can't remember where. Sorry.

It's less pointless than speculating whether Barber's doing a good job when no-one really knows. We do now he's very well paid for what he is, so you'd hope he's doing an excellent otherwise we could get someone in to the same job but cheaper (like we seem to be doing with players)

Nicely put.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Do we? I don't know what the going rate is for a Championship Chief Exec...

Either way, I think he's got a very tough job and given that he's still doing it where others have been moved on/fired in the past (Ken Brown), I would say that he is doing well!

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I've read it somewhere, can't remember where.

It may have been in the latest accounts that the highest paid director earnt that sum. We are assuming it is Barber (correctly imo) As stated previously, this may be perfomace related and is not his basic salary

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've read it somewhere, can't remember where. Sorry.

Higher in the thread his basic is quoted as £110k. I think we can get a sense for how he is doing from pretty obvious thing, along with Tony's comments. Tony is pretty glowing in his praise of Paul when asked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here