Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best Own Goal Ever?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Glenn Thomas v Brentford (or Fulham?). Fell over himself and, in the process, managed to divert the ball home.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

This however, remains THE best own goal ever. Not just for the sheer comedy of the goal itself, but the fact that it relegated Manchester City :lol:

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
There's a very poor quality black and white film of a Goal keeper in the 60's or 70's which I've seen on terrestrial TV more than once. He takes a goal kick on a quagmire of a pitch, loses footing as he goes to kick the ball does a 180 and buries it in the back of the net.

Cannot find it on Youtube yet though.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
I recall Paul Connolly scoring one for Us whilst playing for Plymouth. A crack in effort from nearly the half way line.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Colin Hawkins. I remember actually laughing at that, I saw Colin when I was out jogging once and said to him about it, lovely bloke but he wasn't so amused :lolol:

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Keith Weller of Leicester in an FA Cup tie at Luton from the corner flag crossed to the keeper and managed to curl it past him and off the post into his own net - goal of the season, if it had been the right end!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here