Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elton John or Kate Bush- who does 'Rocket Man' best?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Elton is a fascinating series of contradictions. He is a living legend. He has the ability to perform hissy fits of biblical proportions yet has an amazing abilty to to create a tune that stays with you forever. Bush is an overwarbled harpy in comparison. Elton forever.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Elton is a fascinating series of contradictions. He is a living legend. He has the ability to perform hissy fits of biblical proportions yet has an amazing abilty to to create a tune that stays with you forever. Bush is an overwarbled harpy in comparison. Elton forever.

Could never belt one out over Elton tho.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rocket Man is in my top ten all time hits. An incredible tune. Elton all the way.

Even better is Someone Saved My Life Tonight. An amazing song, Bernie Taupin's incredible lyrics melded with Eltons hypnotic tune and vocals.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Has anyone else noticed how shithouse Elton became when him and Bernie stopped doing heroic amounts of drugs?

Except for "I want love" everything else has been turd.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Elton John and Bernie Taupin were and are a marriage made in heaven, produced some on the most memorable songs of my childhood, Rocket Man and Tiny Dancer are two of my favourite ever songs.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Elton John's 70s tunes are timeless.

Greatest ever live performance of a single track witnessed by me was "Rocket Man" by EJ and the classic Nigel Olsson, Davey Johnstone and Dee Murray (RIP) line up of the Elton John band at the Brighton Centre on a rainy night sometime in the early '80's. Anyone else there that night - they rocked.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bush covers the song brilliantly. An Observer poll in 2007 voted this the best cover of all-time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here