Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RT.....time for Ofcom to give them the boot?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think its kind of time of Ofcom kicked Putin's propaganda tool of the UK airwaves, isn't one of their rules of news broadcasting they are impartial? Its a complete comedy show...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Realistically yes, they actually have to do it based on precedent from Press TV (the Iranian/George Galloway mouthpiece) unless they want to appear partial themselves.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Can we couple that with Fox News?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Let's get rid of all partial news channels.

Let's get rid of all news channels.

D

Deleted member 22389

Think its kind of time of Ofcom kicked Putin's propaganda tool of the UK airwaves, isn't one of their rules of news broadcasting they are impartial? Its a complete comedy show...

I like RT. Think RT is one of the best news channels out there.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Nah, every major news channel has an agenda of some kind. Press freedom is something to take solice in.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I like RT. Think RT is one of the best news channels out there.

When was the last time you heard RT question the Putin administration, clearly they have an agenda...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yep. Run by the Mouth of the Kremlin, Dmitry Kiselyov, who threatened to turn American into radioactive dust.

Their brainwashing propaganda turns decent russians into putin's zombies, and causes massive harm to the world.

D

Deleted member 22389

When was the last time you heard RT question the Putin administration, clearly they have an agenda...

Honestly it's something I have never through about. Like I said, I like RT.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Al Jazeera seems to be the best source of news. It also encourages a wider, and less introverted, understanding of world affairs. Some of our best journalists now work for them.

D

Deleted member 22389

Well we absolutely know for certain nothing is going to happen. You see everything is to do with money and if you have got plenty off it, no questions will be asked.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
RT is biased to Russia from a UK residents point of view , just as the BBC is as biased to the UK from a Russians point of view , for example , where have there been reports of Ukrainian citizens being bombed by jets and rockets , men women and children being killed , 100,000's being pushed over the border , leaving their homes to be in a safer country , is this not a form of ethnic cleansing ? BBC never show any of this ? or CNN at that matter .

I look at RT to get a different view but mainly look at French news , Euronews , Al Jazeer etc to get a more impartial view , NOT THE BBC.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
RT is biased to Russia from a UK residents point of view , just as the BBC is as biased to the UK from a Russians point of view , for example , where have there been reports of Ukrainian citizens being bombed by jets and rockets , men women and children being killed , 100,000's being pushed over the border , leaving their homes to be in a safer country , is this not a form of ethnic cleansing ? BBC never show any of this ? or CNN at that matter .

I look at RT to get a different view but mainly look at French news , Euronews , Al Jazeer etc to get a more impartial view , NOT THE BBC.

Comparing the BEEB and RT is simply ridiculous. The BEEB aren't perfect but the fact all sides of the political spectrum are critical of them is a good sign that they do seem to be try and be impartial.

RT's latest thing is sticking is taking the Hamas side in Gaza, simple because they think that's anti-western and must be anti-Israel. They do have a mixed up view of the world, anything to suit their agenda.

Not sure what is worse Fox News Ch or RT, its a close run thing..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fox news by a country mile. The following video is not a parody, it is actually what Fox News does. "bomb them, keep bombing them, bomb them again and again!". Scary that it's the most viewed news channel in the US, but I suppose that's the equivilent of the Daily Mail being the most read paper here.

Thankfully we had the phone hacking scandal, Fox News UK has been averted. That said Jeremy Hunt still got a new job as Minister For Health...

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Comparing the BEEB and RT is simply ridiculous. The BEEB aren't perfect but the fact all sides of the political spectrum are critical of them is a good sign that they do seem to be try and be impartial.

RT's latest thing is sticking is taking the Hamas side in Gaza, simple because they think that's anti-western and must be anti-Israel. They do have a mixed up view of the world, anything to suit their agenda.

Not sure what is worse Fox News Ch or RT, its a close run thing..

Your right with your second sentence and I would include the US in that the other way round. I trust the EU more than either of these although the UK does always side with the US too much so I hope the UK change for the better now Haig has gone but I am not so sure . Not sure why the US are getting involved anyway with what has happened , well it is pretty obvious really . Here is where the EU should be strong and be more involved , not telling each member how to run their country on different issues .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Your right with your second sentence and I would include the US in that the other way round. I trust the EU more than either of these although the UK does always side with the US too much so I hope the UK change for the better now Haig has gone but I am not so sure . Not sure why the US are getting involved anyway with what has happened , well it is pretty obvious really . Here is where the EU should be strong and be more involved , not telling each member how to run their country on different issues .

Yep, completely agree, another reason we need to stay in the EU.

Russia Today is biased of course but they do show people like Abby Martin who only in the last few days has broadcast criticism of Russian state support for the separatists. Now, can anyone name me any broadcaster on the BBC or the American networks who has criticised Nato's desire to move its reach into Ukraine and on to Russia's borders? - I reckon you won't find any.

Anyway, here's Abby (bonus, she's pretty hot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1oTBoIOm4c&feature=youtu.be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here