Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for Southern Rail Employees (ticket query)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Hi

I'm starting a new job in Chichester tomorrow, and live in Worthing. I'll be buying a weekly ticket, which costs £37.40. So far so straight forward....

However, the girl I am seeing lives in Horsham, I'd like some nights (2 or 3 a week) to be able to go and see her after work, traveling from Chi. Is there an "explorer" type ticket that I could buy that could factor an area in rather than just from point A to point B? I've seen on NRE that there is a weekly unlimited ticket, but that covers the whole of the UK and is over £400.....not helpful!! A ticket that covers a multiple stop area would definitely help, so I'm asking - what is the cheapest way of doing this?!?! Hope you guys can help. Cheers :thumbsup:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I like the idea of wanting an explorer ticket for when you go and see your girlfriend. :D

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Get a National Railcard you'll save a fortune for regular trips if you are having to buy extra tickets on top. But yes sadly I think you will need to buy a Ford to Horsham ticket

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I think the 700 coastliner bus goes between chichester /Worthing- that part may be cheaper than train, for starters.

(for comparison: brighton - Worthing weekly bus ticket was £21, by train was £35 ish..)
The problem with the 700 route is it now involves changing buses at Littlehampton as there are now no through buses with no guaranteed connections. Travel time is also a consideration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here