Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School holiday blues ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Tell me please,for i have not been there in probably 30 years,as you face the Rockery,in the top left corner as it were,is there still a bench seat near a part that overlooks the railway track/sheds?....thanks..

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
School holiday blues? Far from it. I'm looking forward to no school runs clogging up the roads in the mornings, lunchtimes and afternoons.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
School holiday blues? Far from it. I'm looking forward to no school runs clogging up the roads in the mornings, lunchtimes and afternoons.

I for one won't miss people parking across my drive twice a day as they drop off and pick up. Some people have even parked in my drive. Bloody cheek. No manners some people.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I know the little luvvies don't break up until tues/weds/thurs this week but if you've got a spare few hours, pop over to the rockery opposite Preston Park.

It's looking particularly stunning at the moment and full of lovely colour.

If you see me there...come and say hello and you might get a free guided tour.

https://www.facebook.com/PrestonRockGarden?ref_type=bookmark

Jevs - I'd rather eat my own hand to be honest so f*** off

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The Rockery or Rock Garden is the actual garden. The Rookery refers to the general area around the Rockery, Rookery close, the old sub-station etc where the Rooks and Crows used to nest in the tall trees that border the railway line.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Tell me please,for i have not been there in probably 30 years,as you face the Rockery,in the top left corner as it were,is there still a bench seat near a part that overlooks the railway track/sheds?....thanks..

That's long gone mate. It's been a long old slog so far but we're nearly at the point where the lower half of the garden is complete with both hard and soft landscaping. Once we're happy, we will then move on up a bit and start thinking about the upper area. I like to keep the top areas a bit more "wild" as it's an area that the kids tend to "explore". A tree planting programe will be put in place and hopefully the old shelter at the top will be replaced.

:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fantastic achievement keeping the rockery looking so beautiful for folks to enjoy. Terrific work!

If anyone is thinking of popping down there, I'd highly recommend also visiting the stunning wild flower garden across the road in the park, down by the rotunda. Here's a photo of a very small section of it I took a couple of weeks back.

BN1A.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fantastic achievement keeping the rockery looking so beautiful for folks to enjoy. Terrific work!

If anyone is thinking of popping down there, I'd highly recommend also visiting the stunning wild flower garden across the road in the park, down by the rotunda. Here's a photo of a very small section of it I took a couple of weeks back.

View attachment 56443

I went to Preston Park last week for the first time in years, I grew up in Brighton and used to spend hours in that park, I was also impressed with the wild flower garden and took some pictures of the dog next to the garden.

image.jpg

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

View attachment 56443

Nice!

Along Eastern Road (traffic island) between Edward Street and Freshfield Road, wild flowers are blooming too. Looks lovely whilst I am waiting for the bus. :)

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Crikey, that's an old photo...possibly mid 70's. If anyone has any more old photos of the Rockery, i'd love to see them and print them for the office wall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here