Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

something for the bus spotting anoraks amongst NSC..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On closer analysis though, not a record that is likely to last very long. It took him 4 days, of which 12 hours were spent in Newcastle :dunce:

Wednesday June 25
20.15 - X10 from Middlesbrough to Newcastle, arriving at 22.23.

Thursday June 26
10.33 - X15 from Newcastle to Berwick-upon-Tweed, arriving at 12.58.

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
"I'm pretty knackered"

Adam-Mugliston_2964988b.jpg

How the feck doe anyone get tired riding a bus? I think he would have been better walking it instead!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
He'll probably sleep for a week after that. I'd be interested to know how he coped with the boredom.

It seems, from his schedule, that the buses in Scotland cover far longer distances than those south of the border.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Id have died from boredom after the first day.

Aside from that, he could have just done the marathon direct train journey from Penzance to Aberdeen - takes over 13 hours, longest journey in Britain and probably the most expensive.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
On closer analysis though, not a record that is likely to last very long. It took him 4 days, of which 12 hours were spent in Newcastle :dunce:

Wednesday June 25
20.15 - X10 from Middlesbrough to Newcastle, arriving at 22.23.

Thursday June 26
10.33 - X15 from Newcastle to Berwick-upon-Tweed, arriving at 12.58.

I don't know what is more worrying, Premier Inn prepared to offer beds to unaccompanied 16yo's or you getting off on reading through his itinerary!! :D

How the feck does anyone get tired riding a bus?
You've obviously never spent hours on buses!
I did a similar thing in the 1970s when I had much more time than money. I got from Worthing to Mansfield using nine local buses. Took me 16½ hours and cost about £2.60. I was absolutely knackered at the end of it, which is why I didn't return that way!

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't know what is more worrying, Premier Inn prepared to offer beds to unaccompanied 16yo's or you getting off on reading through his itinerary!! :D

No hope for me either then, this young lad is my hero!

Some of those long distance services that were used in Scotland though, just where do 'bus' services end, and 'coach' services begin? If he travelled by coach, then the record would not stand. The back of that vehicle in the pic too, looks suspiciously coach like.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Probably end up in the papers again in a few years time for sticking his cock in a bus exhaust or sniffing bus seats !!!:D

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
You've obviously never spent hours on buses!
I did a similar thing in the 1970s when I had much more time than money. I got from Worthing to Mansfield using nine local buses. Took me 16½ hours and cost about £2.60. I was absolutely knackered at the end of it, which is why I didn't return that way!

Blimey!

It costs more then that to just get from Lancing to Worthing. :D

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I hate the whole "LAD" culture, but let's be honest - if a 16 year old is getting his kicks from riding on public transport there is probably something lacking in his life....

Blimey!

It costs more then that to just get from Lancing to Worthing. :D
Most of the bus companies were nationalized at the time and had the National Express chevrons logo next to the traditional name (Southdown, Mansfield District etc.). There was a 'Wanderbus' ticket (produced centrally for £2.40) which I think was just intended for unlimited day's travel on adjacent companies' services as well as your own. Well, nothing to stop me using this anywhere in the country, I thought! Did have to pay 20p to get from Loughborough to Nottingham though on the independent (and cheap) South Notts Bus Co, which ran double deckers with conductors despite the low fares.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here