• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 8,799

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think that was last year, although this year is likely to be similar.

Great though, in either case.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Something seriously needs looking at when Germany produce such successful players, and a quality league that is able to charge supporters a fraction of the prices we pay here.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Fan owned football clubs are the way forward, would absolutely love for Brighton to be owned by its fans one day.

Germans are one step ahead of us, like in most things. I believe it is not allowed for one person to own a football club there.

Bloom not a fan then ?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Bloom not a fan then ?

Tony Bloom is more than a fan, he's a legend. But I do agree that football club ownership in this country has become a bit of a sore point for many. To Tony, the Albion are a passion. To many others, football clubs are play-things.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fan owned football clubs are the way forward, would absolutely love for Brighton to be owned by its fans one day.

Germans are one step ahead of us, like in most things. I believe it is not allowed for one person to own a football club there.

I think Barca and Real are fan owned clubs?

The way they act is a disgrace, I don't see how this is the way forward.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think Barca and Real are fan owned clubs?

The way they act is a disgrace, I don't see how this is the way forward.

It's not exactly fan owned but the fans must have a certain percentage of ownership and the leading shareholder cannot own more than 50% and I think still has to be German owned.

To have very affordable tickets, a top league with the best stadiums most fans and of course the best national team in the world id say it's very much the way forward.
The only downside is the Bundesliga is often a 1-2 horse race but apart from on very few occasions recently the PL has been as well.
Still I'd take what the Germans have and sacrifice a 3-4 horse race for a 1-2 one.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Clubs like Brighton might well struggle to attract fans if we had a fair amount of clubs offering £100 season tickets and fill their monstrous grounds.

We've got the best supported and strongest second tier in the world, I reckon.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Clubs like Brighton might well struggle to attract fans if we had a fair amount of clubs offering £100 season tickets and fill their monstrous grounds.

We've got the best supported and strongest second tier in the world, I reckon.

You might be right but not by as far as we think. Average Championship attendance 2012-13 17,758 Bundesliga 2. 17,266
What pushed the championship higher up the table in general is the total number of fans, but that's because we have 24 teams. Bundesliga 2 has 18.
Yet I do agree our pyramid systems enables league 1, 2 and the conference to keep going professionally. But with the PL milking more and more cash, for how long?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
You might be right but not by as far as we think. Average Championship attendance 2012-13 17,758 Bundesliga 2. 17,266
What pushed the championship higher up the table in general is the total number of fans, but that's because we have 24 teams. Bundesliga 2 has 18.
Yet I do agree our pyramid systems enables league 1, 2 and the conference to keep going professionally. But with the PL milking more and more cash, for how long?

How long...old hat..we get £8 to tomorrow & will spill it downwards further

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
http://www.footballeconomy.com/cont...football-clubs-ranked-average-attendance-2014

I know there are loads of ways of looking at this issue

pretty close between German football and English football when it comes to the overall picture on attendances last year
but following the latest World Cup Win Germany might edge ahead in 14 15

having said that, no german team will overtake brighton in this table next year
bha very consisitent in 67th place in both of the last two years

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Do Bayern Munich really only have 10,000 fans?

no. its a good point you raise, the other 50000 (allowing for 5000 away) are obviously paying considerably more and somewhat subsidising that low cost for 10000 fans. the whole economics of the few big european clubs doesnt scale down to smaller clubs, or even most of the other top tier clubs.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014

Me too. Fans feel more involved at fan owned clubs and they are so passionate sometimes they don't mind falling behind corporate clubs if they keep their values. Have to say I wouldn't mind if we became the AMF club. Install rail seats, lower prices, not rip of shirt prices. That'd give us off field bragging rights. :D

D

Deleted member 18477

Easy for bayern to do that when they have huge income from elsewhere.

Brighton don't. The big teams in the prem could certainly match this model though but then the smaller teams would have even less fans if big prem teams were charging less than them...

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Would championships teams struggle to attact fans if....

The prem teams were like in Germany and had cheap prices in the top flight?

If so what is a good system to keep lower leagues strong and stop the top flight from milking fans?

Maybe maximum season ticket price £300 in the prem. £250 in the championship. and work it out on how high a team finishes to keep it balanced. The lower you finish the cheaper the ticket's max?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here